Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Just got my inspire, went for a flight!

Reaction score
First flight on the new inspire. Coming from a phantom I'm amazed with the technology this thing possesses... Getting great footage is so much easier, and we don't even have our second remote in yet!

Only spent about 30 min cutting and grading so don't be too hard on me o_O

Last edited:
Nice Video!!! Not bad!!! Mine arrives today. I'm a little apprehensive with all the misfortunates you read about but there have been some pretty good successes. so that's what I'm focusing on. Where are you at?? I see snow on the ground. Yikes!!

Haha thanks. Yes the misfortunes can and do happen, just had a bad flyaway and crash on mine and now it's back at DJI for repairs...
This was shot a few months ago in Edmonton AB.

Haha thanks. Yes the misfortunes can and do happen, just had a bad flyaway and crash on mine and now it's back at DJI for repairs...
This was shot a few months ago in Edmonton AB.

Nice video, too bad your bird took off and crashed, what happened?

I have another thread about it you can search it up, too lazy to link to it

What is a dropkick?
You wouldn't want to know...
Anyway, Im not here to argue. Im just trying to protect the industry as its my living and the public have such a low opinion of drone flyers as it is. I smashed my inspire pro X5 into a 4 story apartment block yesterday and nothing left of it. Ill have to buy a new one but the chap who saw it come down said he thought it was a good thing. He hates them. Most people hate them. I don't know why because to me its just a camera. I use it to get footage for my work. Im not there to spy on them or anything. not all of us are idiots but there are plenty posting footage here on the site. You guys dont have the same strict rules there. I understand that but reckless flying gives us all a bad name. Enjoy your day.

Reactions: slim.slamma
Now it makes sense why you are pissed off, I would be as well.
I have been flying toys and full size for a long time, always the rules are:
- know your equipment very well and its capabilities.
- know very well YOUR capabilities.
- plan in advance all actions and how to avoid problems.
- be ready to accept loss of equipment and financial setbacks.
You being mad now it implies a failure of any of the points mentioned above.
When I have to fly close to, or on somebody's property I do the best to talk to the person(s), show them the drone and explain what is involved in the flight. Once they see it, you will be surprised how relaxed they are about drones and the misconception about them goes away.

Now it makes sense why you are pissed off, I would be as well.
I have been flying toys and full size for a long time, always the rules are:
- know your equipment very well and its capabilities.
- know very well YOUR capabilities.
- plan in advance all actions and how to avoid problems.
- be ready to accept loss of equipment and financial setbacks.
You being mad now it implies a failure of any of the points mentioned above.
When I have to fly close to, or on somebody's property I do the best to talk to the person(s), show them the drone and explain what is involved in the flight. Once they see it, you will be surprised how relaxed they are about drones and the misconception about them goes away.
I wasn't flying close to anyone or property. I was over a wide estuary and turned around to come home. I was filming while tracking sideways and practicing slow panning. I looked up from the screen and couldn't see the drone at all. It wasn't far away. Maybe 300 metres... it wasn't there. i hit the RTH button and looked back at the screen to see it go over a tree and hit a huge wall. I have no idea how it got there. It was at least 300 metres off track and moving . I certainly were not flying it t the time. I had the sticks free while i was trying to see where it was. I hope the data records will show it was a malfunction but I dont know. Im really careful with it. i have lost a lot of confidence and will have to buy a P4 for the moment till the Inspire gets avoidance as well. Im sorry. I have lost confidence in myself and the machine. I could have killed someone and I didn't mean to. I practice an hour a day with orange cones for precision flying.

I wasn't flying close to anyone or property. I was over a wide estuary and turned around to come home. I was filming while tracking sideways and practicing slow panning. I looked up from the screen and couldn't see the drone at all. It wasn't far away. Maybe 300 metres... it wasn't there. i hit the RTH button and looked back at the screen to see it go over a tree and hit a huge wall. I have no idea how it got there. It was at least 300 metres off track and moving . I certainly were not flying it t the time. I had the sticks free while i was trying to see where it was. I hope the data records will show it was a malfunction but I dont know. Im really careful with it. i have lost a lot of confidence and will have to buy a P4 for the moment till the Inspire gets avoidance as well. Im sorry. I have lost confidence in myself and the machine. I could have killed someone and I didn't mean to. I practice an hour a day with orange cones for precision flying.
You balling or crawling?
Spend some money you got it we all know that

You should start a separate thread so everyone can see. I'm sure some members can help possibly get your i1 back for free. DENNIS

You should start a separate thread so everyone can see. I'm sure some members can help possibly get your i1 back for free. DENNIS
Thanks for all the laughs guys. I just ordered a P4 and a new black inspire. Ill be back on my feet soon. Too busy editing at the moment. In the meantime I can use my P3.

Well, I'm glad this thread has cooled off.
Again, I have made several deletions on content!

@DennisR - you elected to comment on a thread that was 9 months old for no other reason than to call someone out on their flying.
Can you please stop with the one man crusade against everything you see that would not be legal in Austrailia?
Once again I am receiving reports that bring this to my attention.

Can we please try and curb the "I'm going to report you" or "You wouldn't get away with that in Austrailia" comments?

Thank you.

First flight on the new inspire. Coming from a phantom I'm amazed with the technology this thing possesses... Getting great footage is so much easier, and we don't even have our second remote in yet!

Only spent about 30 min cutting and grading so don't be too hard on me o_O
Great Flying and have fun!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry