Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Just got "the" email: "your Inspire 1 has been shipped"

Reaction score
Thanks to suggestions from this forum, I used Copter Shop to order my Inspire 1. Had pre-ordered Nov. 19th from Atlanta Hobby, and got caught up in the whirlpool of delays. To my knowledge, they still don't know when their orders will ship, and they're a certified DJI re-seller. I'm not canceling.. Have a buyer lined up.
I placed order yesterday, and received confirmation of shipment today. Should be here by end of week. FWIW, they still have them in stock.

Now, do I get an I pad air2 or a mini 2? I have older versions of both, and use my mini with my Vision+. I've read that the processor needs to be A7 or better. Other than size, any other reason to go with the Air2.

Now all I need is good weather and time to read everything I can on this baby.

The mini 2 has a7 processor, the Air 2 has a8x processor. Form factor does make the Air 2 slightly top heavy on the Tx mount. Air 2 is supposed to have less susceptibility to fingerprints, but I didn't notice that. Both have bright screens, low latency and have never crashed on me during flight, but do remember to go into airplane mode before flight, as recommended.

That's exciting @QuadGrandad! I'm still waiting on second batch from Dronefly.

I went with two iPad mini 2s during the black Friday deals (ordered 2 Tx version) because I wanted to be able to put a case on the iPad and not worry about it fitting in the included mobile holder (not to mention the slightly cheaper price point). The max size for the stock holder that comes with the transmitter is 170mm per DJI. The width of the Air 1 and 2 is 169.5 mm per Apple. 0.5mm does not leave much room for a case. And I'm assuming the depth of the iPad mini 2 with a case will still fit in the holder. I could be wrong since I am still waiting on my Dragon.

Thanks for the replies. I'm leaning towards the mini, but mainly for weight/balance concerns. From what I can read on other threads, the jury is split, and it comes down to personal preference. The faster processor of the Ipad air2 is enticing..

With this, my MR family is complete. 1. Vision, 2. Vision+, 3. P2 with gopro/fpv monitor and Skyzones.

Now if someone could come up with a easy-to-use sun shade for the iPads.

hoodivision.com for sunshades. Buy one get one free until Jan 15.

And my guess is 2 iPad minis will fit in the case that comes with the Dragon. Would be great if someone with the drone and some minis could confirm.

hoodivision.com for sunshades. Buy one get one free until Jan 15.

And my guess is 2 iPad minis will fit in the case that comes with the Dragon. Would be great if someone with the drone and some minis could confirm.

I can confirm that the mini 2 or 3 will fit where the manual was when shipped. I also ordered the 2 for 1 deal from hoodivision. They work OK, but are a little big for my taste, and have an odd angle that makes it hard to work the app to make a selection. I'll only use them in very bright sunlight.

I can confirm that the mini 2 or 3 will fit where the manual was when shipped. I also ordered the 2 for 1 deal from hoodivision. They work OK, but are a little big for my taste, and have an odd angle that makes it hard to work the app to make a selection. I'll only use them in very bright sunlight.
@Quadpilot Can you tell if two iPad mini 2s will fit in the manual slot? Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop