Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Just thinking out loud...

Reaction score
Ok.. So the more sturdy cases are still a month or so out and the stock case is not bad except that it's still just a dense foam and can be damaged pretty easily. So I was just thinking.. while waiting for other case manufacturers to get the new designs in production.. It would not be hard to go down to the local Home Depot and pick up some Rhino Lining spray and tape off and recover the outside shell of the stock case..

hmmmmmm Just a thought.....

I've had to check my Inspire 2 on three flights now and one was just in the stock case as is and the third was the stock case inside the shipping box.

First instance they allowed me to board the airplane carrying the case...I knew it was going to be a problem to fit somewhere on board if it wasn't one of the newer planes with the dropdown overheads. Got on board and it was a very old plane with the front opening overheads and there was no way for it to fit. Had to gate check it and the stock case held up just fine, no damage to the foam of the case at all. I've already done a lot of moving around with my Inspire 2 and am very happy with the stock case. A much better case in my opinion that the one DJI included with the Inspire 1.

I'm perfectly fine with my stock case, especially given that entering and exiting travel mode on the Inspire 2 is so much easier now. GPC Travel Mode Case for the Inspire 2 will be $469 and Landing Mode Case at $549. We've got dozens of guys already in need of GPC Hard Cases but I really think for most the stock case is going to make do.

Interested to hear how you end up modding your stock Inspire 2 case @Maverik..keep us posted and good luck!

If you do that, I suggest you test a small area to make sure the Rhino spray doesn't have an adverse effect (Dissolve) the foam.

Reactions: Advexure

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlesssouth