Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Lancc approval on Crystal sky monitor

Reaction score
Hello All. I'm new here. Is there a way to get Lancc approval on Crystal sky monitor without wifi? I got approval when I was at home using my home wifi. Had the approval on my iPhone, but had no wifi on my Crystal sky. For some reason, it didn't recognize my hot spot from my phone. What am I doing wrong?
Thank you, Rick Drapkin

Hello All. I'm new here. Is there a way to get Lancc approval on Crystal sky monitor without wifi? I got approval when I was at home using my home wifi. Had the approval on my iPhone, but had no wifi on my Crystal sky. For some reason, it didn't recognize my hot spot from my phone. What am I doing wrong?
Thank you, Rick Drapkin
Are you talking about a fly safe unlock from DJI? The reason I’m asking is because LAANC is different and it’s important to understand that often times you will need both to fly in a certain airspace.

If you really mean LAANC, you don’t need to the LAANC authorization to be on the same device as you use to fly the drone so having it on your phone is good enough.

As for a DJI flysafe unlock well in my experience it basically doesn’t work on Crystal Sky as far as I can tell. At first what I would do is take off while the drone was connected to my phone and then switch to the Crystal sky mid flight. At some point I had had enough of that and I just got my aircraft fully unlocked. If you go thought route it even more important that you fully understand how LAANC works and what it is.

Are you talking about a fly safe unlock from DJI? The reason I’m asking is because LAANC is different and it’s important to understand that often times you will need both to fly in a certain airspace.

If you really mean LAANC, you don’t need to the LAANC authorization to be on the same device as you use to fly the drone so having it on your phone is good enough.

As for a DJI flysafe unlock well in my experience it basically doesn’t work on Crystal Sky as far as I can tell. At first what I would do is take off while the drone was connected to my phone and then switch to the Crystal sky mid flight. At some point I had had enough of that and I just got my aircraft fully unlocked. If you go thought route it even more important that you fully understand how LAANC works and what it is.
Hi Brett,

Thanks for replying.I had authority from Aloft on my iphone to fly in a park in North Hollywood to 100 ft. When I got there, it did not unlock.Thats why I was wondering if there is an app that works with crystal sky monitor to work with an I2.

Hi Brett,

Thanks for replying.I had authority from Aloft on my iphone to fly in a park in North Hollywood to 100 ft. When I got there, it did not unlock.Thats why I was wondering if there is an app that works with crystal sky monitor to work with an I2.
Yea so to clarify you have to get authorization from aloft which can be done on any device and then you have to get DJI to unlock the drone. Two separate unrelated processes you have to do. Even if you had Aloft on the Crystal Sky you’d still need to get DJI to unlock it.

After you get the DJI unlock be sure to power up the app while you do have WiFI as it needs to download the unlock from DJI. Then you need to send the unlock to the drone each time it is powered up. It's stored in ram so it is forgotten each time you power up.

I often unlocked DJI NFZ zones. Always on the laptop on the DJI website. I was starting to experience problems when I was using different controllers. I finally bought a Drone Hack on the Inspire 2 and I have all zones permanently unlocked. Zero stress when executing the order.

I often unlocked DJI NFZ zones. Always on the laptop on the DJI website. I was starting to experience problems when I was using different controllers. I finally bought a Drone Hack on the Inspire 2 and I have all zones permanently unlocked. Zero stress when executing the order.
Can you please tell me the name of the hack and how much it cost?

Thank you, Rick Drapkin
Despite years of attempts, I've never been successful with either of my CrystalSky Android systems to link to my iPhone HotSpot for WiFi service. They WILL connect to WiFi at my home base.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry