Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Landing gear not responding

P

PerthPilot

Something wrong with my landing gear, when I take off, it says landing gear raising on my app but nothing happens on the inspire. Same with landing. I can adjust the worm drive manually

Something wrong with my landing gear, when I take off, it says landing gear raising on my app but nothing happens on the inspire. Same with landing. I can adjust the worm drive manually
Since it appears you have already tried turning the worm screw manually and it still doesn't respond we can assume it isn't stuck.
Have you kept up maintenance on the drive and bearings with grease/lubricant and regular intervals?

Sound like it is landing gear servo shot - not uncommon.

Since it appears you have already tried turning the worm screw manually and it still doesn't respond we can assume it isn't stuck.
Have you kept up maintenance on the drive and bearings with grease/lubricant and regular intervals?

Sound like it is landing gear servo shot - not uncommon.
where would I find this landing gear servo?

It was working before I updated the firmware

PerthPilot,

It does sound like a bad servo, but it concerns me that you just updated the firmware.

Did you check the logs on the update? Did it look like it was successful? Probably a good idea to post it here, so that we can take a look at it.

Did you update the controller as well?

You did not mention anything about travel mode, which makes me wonder if this is working. Normally we leave our birds in travel mode which would result in your post stating it will not leave travel mode if you had a bad servo. What mode was the gear in when you did the update? Did you try to put it into travel mode after the update?

Did you try all four methods of actuating the gear?

1) Automatically upon take off
2) Manually using the switch
3) Enter travel mode through the app
4) Enter travel mode by moving the switch quickly at least four times.

You probably have tried most of these, but since it could be a update or firmware issue lets see if ANY of this works.

Check the firmware (1.9). I actually had this happen yesterday to me along with a number of the reported 1.9 errors. I will be rolling back to 1.8. It responded again once I rebooted the inspire. I also got a compass error in flight and less than responsive collective. My gear was locked down.

Have never had any issues with the inspire before this and always run through my preflight checks. I landed fine and inspire appeared to be fine on reboot, but is definitely a bug in new firmware. Compass was a fine before takeoff (1400-1600 range), and had jumped to 1700-1700 after error. Was calibrated in an open field and not near any interference sources. The landing gear/compass error/and lack off collective response appear to be three particular bugs with the new firmware. These all disappeared on reboot.

Have you solved this? I have the same exact issue.

First of all, do a new install of GO, after deleting it (synchronise your GO flight logs first).
You might fire up the simulator after that, and check if everything works in there, before taking it in the field. I'm pretty sure it's software related.

I've updated everything including firmware, and mine is making a louder than usual noise near the gear that raises the landing gear.

Never landed hard, in a road case, and I already turned the manual screw method all the way till the landing gear opened up as if it was flying. The motor seems like it struggles to turn the screw that actuates the process of raising or lowering yet there is nothing restricting its path.

I've updated everything including firmware, and mine is making a louder than usual noise near the gear that raises the landing gear.

Never landed hard, in a road case, and I already turned the manual screw method all the way till the landing gear opened up as if it was flying. The motor seems like it struggles to turn the screw that actuates the process of raising or lowering yet there is nothing restricting its path.
That sounds like a servo problem then.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
russiananytime