Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

LANDING MATS (PORTABLE LZ MAT)

Reaction score
Not sure if this was covered, but thought this would be useful if flying in muddy, wet,grassy and sandy LZ's.. Could even customize your own color with the flick of a paint can, rubber paint that is lol... Just thought I'd throw it out there beings I was interested in a solid flat platform(cushion) for landing.. Walmart carries them, but found this by googling..

http://www.americanfloormats.com/softrubber-interlocking-tiles/

Not sure if this was covered, but thought this would be useful if flying in muddy, wet,grassy and sandy LZ's.. Could even customize your own color with the flick of a paint can, rubber paint that is lol... Just thought I'd throw it out there beings I was interested in a solid flat platform(cushion) for landing.. Walmart carries them, but found this by googling..

http://www.americanfloormats.com/softrubber-interlocking-tiles/

You may want something more stylish :cool:

I used to throw the heavy duty carpet I have in the back of my tray back on to the ground (1900 mm x 1650 mm and boy it is heavy). If you get the Inspire near the edges it lifts the carpet, so light foam like that may be an issue. You would also have to put a tarp down first as sand would be sucked up through the holes. I have since migrated to a $19 roll up aluminium camping table that is light and compact and gets me off the ground. It works so far...

Reactions: turbodronepilot
I just use regular board game. I'm sure many of us have these tucked away. They fold nicely into a 9in square and very portable.

You can buy generic blank one on Amazon for less than $10. It's sturdy enough not to be blown away during take off and it won't interfere with the VPS system.
$_1 (3).JPG $_1 (1).JPG $_1 (2).JPG $_1.JPG

I have since migrated to a $19 roll up aluminium camping table that is light and compact and gets me off the ground. It works so far...

Do you have a link for this table? The only ones I see on Amazon are $70+

Heading to the beach next week and would love to take off from an elevated table instead of the sand!

Hi guys!

very interesting topic here..

I´ve already tried with a soft rubber matt like the one on PB30X link (bought on a sports store) and i found out that thats not the best option. It gets dirty really fast and also the landing is quite dangerous with the i1 air lifting the matt from the ground.

Also.. i bought a small aluminium camping table (the size was perfect for my car trunk) but i never really used it because the first thing i did was to check the compass MOD values with the i1 on the floor and then on the table. That MOD values changed from about 1500 to about 950, so i didn't feel confident.

Does anyone use any camping aluminium table? Is the take off and landing ok?
Has anybody found a full plastic model so the i1 does not get compass interference?

PS: the board game looks really interesting!! :)

Reactions: PB30X
The first thing I did before I launched from the Alli table was to check the mod values and found them to be around the 1500 mark. I have since launched from this table 4 times and the mods were all the same around 1500. The table I have is all aluminium.

Hi guys!

very interesting topic here..

I´ve already tried with a soft rubber matt like the one on PB30X link (bought on a sports store) and i found out that thats not the best option. It gets dirty really fast and also the landing is quite dangerous with the i1 air lifting the matt from the ground.

Also.. i bought a small aluminium camping table (the size was perfect for my car trunk) but i never really used it because the first thing i did was to check the compass MOD values with the i1 on the floor and then on the table. That MOD values changed from about 1500 to about 950, so i didn't feel confident.

Does anyone use any camping aluminium table? Is the take off and landing ok?
Has anybody found a full plastic model so the i1 does not get compass interference?

PS: the board game looks really interesting!! :)

Yes, totally agree! I've used it several times and landing just makes the mat blows away itself.. I'm thinking TungNGroove platform with adjustable legs is in the makings.. Just thought of this the other day.. It would be elevated and adjustable to contour of the ground.. They will be for sale on here for $250.00 a piece[emoji12].. After all this seems to be the trend with the Inspire, $$$$ for everything lmao[emoji16]

Reactions: sirnikolas

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlberthaLo