Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Light crash, x4s and 2 blades damaged, diminished value?

Reaction score
I loaned my Inspire 2 to a friend because he was going to purchase it, he couldn't come up with the money so I got it back.

While he had it he must have crashed it because it didnt have the camera or 2 of the rotor blades, when I confronted him he sent him replacements.

But when I went to sell it, the would be buyer saw the dirt (see attached images) and said he was worried about it from a liability standpoint because if some of the electronics were damaged and it went down and hit someone or something it would be on him.

So my question is, how worried would someone here be to fly this commercially, what would be a fair price given that it has had some kind of crash, and should anyone be concerned about operating it?

Thanks

My camera has been mounted and removed over 150 times and none of the black is missing from the mount.
Looks like it landed in the mud.

I don't see anything i'd be overly concerned about. I would be interested in knowing the damage to the gimbal. Also take it for a flight, see how it responds. You'll have to get a couple more props.....

Nik

I've got enough props to fly it now, I guess I could take it outside once it stays above freezing for a few hours.

I need to know what to tell a prospective buyer, and how much to adjust the price.

How much is there to worry about as far as internals being damaged or shaken up?

I wouldn't think there would be much to worry about the internals being damaged or shaken up. There would have to be quite a bit of damage to the outside before the internals get damaged. Unless of course it was a water crash. What does your friend say happened? The more honest you can be with the buyer the better. As a buyer I would want an honest story, and if buying in person see it fly. The rest is just sales negotiations, pretty much just normal depreciations + a little extra off if you think you should for the crash. See how much they buyer thinks should be taken off.

Nik

When you decide, let me know what you want for it. I'm looking for a backup I2. We have an extra X5s that needs a platform....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kajal55