Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Lightning Cable - short

Reaction score
I have bought a couple of different cheap Lightning cables from ebay, but they have not worked with the Inspire 1 remote and the iPad.
Is it known if only MFI certified (the more expensive ones) Lightning cables work with the Inspire 1, or has anyone managed to get these cheap ebay Lightning cables to work with the Inspire 1? If yes which one have you used?

The only one that i tried so far with success is the Apple original 1 meter Lightning cable but its too long. Also i have successfully used a cheap micro USB cable with a Micro USB - Lightning adapter connected to it.

And finally, what is the perfect length, is it these 1 ft (30 cm) cables? I once tried a 20 cm cable but it was too short.

Thanks in advance.

Is this Cambond cable sold in any other place? i live in Sweden and they didn't ship internationally. I couldn't find it on ebay.

So 13 inches is that about 30 cm? I know i can easily look it up but today I'm lazy.
Maybe i have to use that cable then, i just want a short cable that is verified to be working with the Inspire 1 since most Lightning cables seems to not work, or at least many of them.

I guess when it goes up to around 20 GBP / 30 USD there is many short Lightning cables to choose from, thats why I'm curious to know if anybody have had success with a non MFI certified cable with the Inspire 1, since i guess all the cheap Lightning cables are not MFI certified, the ones that costs around 2 - 5 USD on ebay for example?

Well maybe an expensive cable is the way to go?

cambond lighting cables are the only ones ill use they work great out of 5 cables that i have ordered one didn't work. with the company sent me 2 replacements for free after i sent them an e-mail great company to deal with and there cables are made with quality (sry didn't mean to sound like a commercial :D)

I guess when it goes up to around 20 GBP / 30 USD there is many short Lightning cables to choose from, thats why I'm curious to know if anybody have had success with a non MFI certified cable with the Inspire 1, since i guess all the cheap Lightning cables are not MFI certified, the ones that costs around 2 - 5 USD on ebay for example?

Well maybe an expensive cable is the way to go?

I paid about 16 USD here in Poland for Verbatim Lightning cable.
For me it's perfect quality/price ratio.
Cheap cables from ebay are low quality in most cases.

Yes the cheap ebay cables seem to not work at all with the Inspire 1, i believe at least about 90 percent of them will not work.
I guess the thing that make them not work is that they are not MFI certified from Apple and therefore have not the same authenticator chip inside as the MFI certified Lightning cables has.

I ordered a few different Lightning cables to test which ones work with the Inspire 1.
For example i won one at an ebay auction for around 1,50 USD, its the one with the DJI stamp (don´t know about the legality for a company to put another companies name on their cables).
This cable works perfectly fine with the I1 RC, and its advertised as a DJI Inspire 1 / Phantom 3 cable by the ebay seller. It´s about 33 cm long.

The other one is a coiled Lightning cable that i purchased on ebay for about 1 USD, so it was a very cheap cable, and it also works perfectly fine with the Inspire 1 RC - iPad/ iPhone.

So i think i was wrong in my previous posts were i said that i think that maybe its only the more expensive Lightning cables that works with the I1 / P3. IMG_2502.JPGIMG_2407.JPG

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters