Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Little Colorado River Gorge

Reaction score
The last of the video from my 8 day trip last month is from the Little Colorado River Gorge area that's about 8 miles east of the park boundary for the Grand Canyon. The Little Colorado River travels west from Cameron AZ and then as it enters the park boundary it heads north before turning west again to meet with the Colorado River about 12 miles from the Desert View center at the east entrance of the Grand Canyon.

At Cameron the river is only a hundred or so feet below the ground level but where I was flying the cliff height above the water is more like 1000 feet as the elevation of the land rises heading west to the GC. Near where it meets the Colorado river the cliff heights reach more like 3000 feet.

In this video which I narrated instead of providing a musical soundtrack I get quite close to the rim edge but do not go over though in a couple shots the camera angles may make it seem I did. I did not!

I found shooting at this location very difficult largely because the steep cliffs make it difficult to see to the bottom without getting quite close to the edge. I'd actually planned to fly a couple miles further west, but when I scoped it out there were more people there so I opted to fly in another location that had no body around.

Brian

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop