Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Long Range Vehicle Mount

Reaction score
Hey everyone new member here.

Been flying an inspire 1 with a zenmuze x3 for 2 years now. Last year started running the inspire and drone deploy for agriculture field mapping. This year upgraded to an NDVI, and we are looking at getting an inspire 2 with the same camera setup.

The issue that we have with mapping with drone deploy is dropping remote connection. We haven't modded remotes yet. Currently we try to stay away from power lines or trucks but with running an Ipad, you almost have to be in the cab to see it. The best setup that seems to work is having the window down with the remote on top of the cab and running the Ipad down in the cab. If there is two people we run dual remotes and watch one on dji go. I was wondering if there was any way or someone who sells them to make an antenna with 180 degree range that you could mount on the truck. It could be fixed if need be but I was thinking of a pole up to 10ft off the back of the bed. Power isn't an issue if need be we can add inverters or even a generator.

I'm open to suggestions or advice. Longest range is line of sight. Farthest reach will be 1 mile. Most of the time fields are only 1/2 mile long and can be up to 1/2 mile wide.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aayushijain873