Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Longevity of New Props

Reaction score
Has anyone noticed that there is play in the new props when connected to the motors? They don't really fasten to the top of the motor like in the screw on type. Does this mean additional strain on the bearings in the motor because of additional flexing? I have one motor making a little squeaking on low rpm's?

Bend the propeller ends and let us know?
Some are tighter then others because of the type of design.

Ya know, I've been asking this question. WHY did DJI not make it so the props screw down tight (like the previous version) and THEN lock in place with the new 'push and twist' mechanisms? Looks loose to me as well

Reactions: stuart steinfeld
Ya know, I've been asking this question. WHY did DJI not make it so the props screw down tight (like the previous version) and THEN lock in place with the new 'push and twist' mechanisms? Looks loose to me as well

I guess we will have to wait till some of them fail before they will consider another option. If one of the plastic tabs cracks the whole quad will fall from the sky and those are small little propeller supports. There is no way they had time to test these especially in the mass's. Those props are more stable in flight yes, only because there is more plastic support at the nose of it. I doubt they planned on that because they had to make the nose bigger to it naturally extended the thickness of the prop. If it flex's that much when you are flying fast it has to add a lot more pressure to the motor. I wish they would fix issues and not try to remanufacture over the problem.

And for many of the reasons above AND the fact the entire assembly (both props and locking cams/springs) need replacing after 200 flights due to wear....... I will be staying with the original props and prop locks.

Reactions: stuart steinfeld
When they say 200 flights? what exactly does that mean? 200 normal flights with average wind? or 100 flights in an area with a windy environment? Does this mean the prop's will fail because of a poor design or they just don't really know what's going to happen. Thank's DJI for offering us more security in our investment!

Not me. I think the new QR props are GREAT. I only one weekend on them, but mine snap,on solidly, have no play at all. Remains to be seen how long they last. But so far they work great for me. Way easier to manage than those stupid clips.

When they say 200 flights? what exactly does that mean? 200 normal flights with average wind? or 100 flights in an area with a windy environment

I think the main thing that affects life is how often they are installed/removed, more so than flight conditions. I typically get 4 or 5 flights in per session. No idea how many installation cycles that 200 hours represents.

I think the main thing that affects life is how often they are installed/removed, more so than flight conditions. I typically get 4 or 5 flights in per session. No idea how many installation cycles that 200 hours represents.

I meant flights, not hours

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters