Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Looking for good drone ops

Reaction score
I'm looking to connect with any 107 licensed Inspire 2 ops out there who are also
  • Experienced FPV ops (with both fast quad and cinewhoop experience)... no need for freestyle... getting good usable shots is the important thing
  • Have some demonstrable TV and/or Film Production shooting experience
  • Have a solid reel
I have a drone company called Furious Pugs and have been on Top Gear America for the past few years. I'm just about to head down to Costa Rica on another show and have been getting calls for other opportunities that I'm having to turn down while I'm out of town. So we're doing some preliminary reaching out to make some connections with interested and talented folks who have a similar skillset to mine... I generally get calls for solo op Inspire 2 and FPV... sort of "one man band" shooting generally. We're expected to show up with backups for everything on most gigs, so that's also something to take into account. Typically we're running 80% Inspire and 20% FPV, but it depends on the gig, and these days more and more directors understand FPV and are therefore calling on it more.
Occasionally we get a call that we might just want to hand off, but we are also considering expanding our roster of "Furious Pugs Ops" so that we don't have to turn down gigs when I'm already booked.
So I just wanted to put the feelers out
Cheers
Russell Spurlock
www.furiouspugs.com

I'm looking to connect with any 107 licensed Inspire 2 ops out there who are also
  • Experienced FPV ops (with both fast quad and cinewhoop experience)... no need for freestyle... getting good usable shots is the important thing
  • Have some demonstrable TV and/or Film Production shooting experience
  • Have a solid reel
I have a drone company called Furious Pugs and have been on Top Gear America for the past few years. I'm just about to head down to Costa Rica on another show and have been getting calls for other opportunities that I'm having to turn down while I'm out of town. So we're doing some preliminary reaching out to make some connections with interested and talented folks who have a similar skillset to mine... I generally get calls for solo op Inspire 2 and FPV... sort of "one man band" shooting generally. We're expected to show up with backups for everything on most gigs, so that's also something to take into account. Typically we're running 80% Inspire and 20% FPV, but it depends on the gig, and these days more and more directors understand FPV and are therefore calling on it more.
Occasionally we get a call that we might just want to hand off, but we are also considering expanding our roster of "Furious Pugs Ops" so that we don't have to turn down gigs when I'm already booked.
So I just wanted to put the feelers out
Cheers
Russell Spurlock
www.furiouspugs.com
Hi Russell,

I'm a LA-based Drone Pilot. Check out my website - aliensandmachines.com

I own and fly an Inspire 2/x7 and FPV quads (currently flying 5" quads and a 3" Cinewhoop, both with a Hero 8). I do both single op and dual op, depending on the size/type of the production. I've been flying since 2016 and worked on project for companies like Subaru, Starbucks, Genesis and Toyo Tires.

I actually watch your YouTube channel and recently added an AirUnit to my i2, thanks to your 3d print files. It's working out great. Like you mentioned in one of your videos, I really wish there was a way to get "picture-in-picture" in the goggles.

Anyways, I'm interested in being on your roaster. You can reach me directly at [email protected]

Thanks,

Hiro

Attachments

• I2 fpv.JPG
    I2 fpv.JPG
    217.7 KB · Views: 8
Hi Russell,

I'm a LA-based Drone Pilot. Check out my website - aliensandmachines.com

I own and fly an Inspire 2/x7 and FPV quads (currently flying 5" quads and a 3" Cinewhoop, both with a Hero 8). I do both single op and dual op, depending on the size/type of the production. I've been flying since 2016 and worked on project for companies like Subaru, Starbucks, Genesis and Toyo Tires.

I actually watch your YouTube channel and recently added an AirUnit to my i2, thanks to your 3d print files. It's working out great. Like you mentioned in one of your videos, I really wish there was a way to get "picture-in-picture" in the goggles.

Anyways, I'm interested in being on your roaster. You can reach me directly at [email protected]

Thanks,

Hiro
Great! I'll send you an email
Cheers
Russell

That great I'm looking for work in the Portland area myself. Good luck to you

I'm new to indoor drone users here. Using this Ruko F11 for the last 3 months it has Grim features a high-quality aluminum built. This gives it superior durability without being too heavy. The F11 will be able to survive air crashes fairly well. This device features a 2500mAh battery. Don't have much experience with drone flying but I enjoy it.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop