Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

lost all range after update.

Reaction score
I just updated my inspire2 firmware and now I can't fly outside my yard. I've change the max distance on the app but dosen't help. I also brought up the app and sign in to Dji, don't know what else to do?? Help Please
It says max distance and or altitude reached

Check all of the warnings on the startup page.

We were on a set recently, and every time we took off from a certain road, it couldn't get a GPS lock, and as a result, wouldn't let me fly more than 20 feet (?) up. There was some warning that sort of helped explain the problem. Everything worked fine after we restarted and took off from the grass.

Reactions: Camonyx and Smid
Check all of the warnings on the startup page.

We were on a set recently, and every time we took off from a certain road, it couldn't get a GPS lock, and as a result, wouldn't let me fly more than 20 feet (?) up. There was some warning that sort of helped explain the problem. Everything worked fine after we restarted and took off from the grass.
Thanks, I'll try again however I don't think thats the problem. I received no warnings. Gee, I hope I haven't bought a $4000 doorstop:)

from memory it happened about a year ago, suggest that it has not defaulted to beginner mode, if not go into registration and I think that then sorts out the problem

Reactions: Smid
from memory it happened about a year ago, suggest that it has not defaulted to beginner mode, if not go into registration and I think that then sorts out the problem
thanks, I thought I had registered? would you please tell me how to register on on go app? I'm sorry

In order if likelihood...

- Check it hasn't defaulted back to beginner mode in the app
- check you've got the height/distance limits set in the app
- make sure that Dji Go 4 is signed in with you Dji user login.
- within Internet wifi range for your tablet, sign out of Dji Go 4, then sign back in again.
- check your location on the map and make sure it doesn't think your in a nofly area, or in China!
- all else fails, connect the I2 aircraft Via USB to DJI assistant 2 and do a reset to factory defaults. Sometimes when it does an update it doesn't always read the stored option values back in correctly and a reset helps clear them.

If it still doesn't clear up, then final suggestion is to try a firmware refresh via Assistant 2.

Hope one of those helps.

Reactions: Dxtrty and Smid

- within Internet wifi range for your tablet, sign out of Dji Go 4, then sign back in again.
- check your location on the map and make sure it doesn't think your in a nofly area, or in China!
- all else fails, connect the I2 aircraft Via USB to DJI assistant 2 and do a reset to factory defaults. Sometimes when it does an update it doesn't always read the stored option values back in correctly and a reset helps clear them.

If it still doesn't clear up, then final suggestion is to try a firmware refresh via Assistant 2.

Hope one of those helps.
oh wow!! well, okay and thank you very much for the help!

Hope one of those helps.
I'm having trouble finding the beginner mode in DJI 4 go app?

um, from memory it's somewhere part way down the Main Controller Settings page - touch the ... in the top right of the flight screen when your connected to the I2, then pick the first menu option - the one that has the cloverleaf/quad symbol . - it limits the distance & height to very close in ;)

I'm having trouble finding the beginner mode in DJI 4 go app?
Are you connected to the I2? Option only appears if you’re connected to the I2. If you are other than a CrystalSky you may have to delete the app entirely first. Then, while on WiFi or LTE reinstall the app and re-sign in using your ID and password. Then open the app and go to the limitations section and your Beginner Mode should be visible. Toggle to off. Then check all your flight parameters as they may default to OEM after a delete and reinstall.

Reactions: Smid
Are you connected to the I2? Option only appears if you’re connected to the I2. If you are other than a CrystalSky you may have to delete the app entirely first. Then, while on WiFi or LTE reinstall the app and re-sign in using your ID and password. Then open the app and go to the limitations section and your Beginner Mode should be visible. Toggle to off. Then check all your flight parameters as they may default to OEM after a delete and reinstall.
Thank you! I'll try that

09D90EBA-3A3E-49E0-80D3-5ACCE5AAA167.png
That fixed it!!! Thank you very much !! they now call it Coach mode. Also thanks for tip on resetting everything. It had all defaulted back to new
Actually Coach mode allows you to fly the master controller and have a student on the slave remote. Beginner mode is completely different and only allows a small flight area of about 30 meters

Rich

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop