Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Lost Waypont Missions

Reaction score
I just updated to the new IOS Go app. It would not start after the update so I followed the procedure others recommended. That is, to remove the Go app and then reinstall it. I did that but now with some grave consequences. The app runs now, but I lost my saved waypoint missions. I guess most of the time this wouldn’t be a problem, but for me it is a total disaster. I had 2 waypoint missions recorded that I have been using to film a special project for the last few months. Now that the missions are gone, that 2 months’ work cannot be completed.

My question to DJI: is there any way to recover these missions?

Had you backed up your debice on iTunes or cloud? Before installing ne spp you might have a chance to recovering by doing restore of the app hope it works for u

Ouch! The save "way-points" leaves a lot to be desired for sure. It would be nice to be able to save them as a new name to SD-Card for example!
I have not had the problem but the iPad back-up might be a fast track for sure. The Inspire stores onboard DAT logs. You may be able to extract enough detail from them to get back to a good starting point that you can reproduce the waypoints from. It stores all telemetry. GPS, height, speed etc. Check this post-> it might help: Flight Record | Page 2 | DJI Inspire Forum
Good luck!

Ouch! The save "way-points" leaves a lot to be desired for sure. It would be nice to be able to save them as a new name to SD-Card for example!
I have not had the problem but the iPad back-up might be a fast track for sure. The Inspire stores onboard DAT logs. You may be able to extract enough detail from them to get back to a good starting point that you can reproduce the waypoints from. It stores all telemetry. GPS, height, speed etc. Check this post-> it might help: Flight Record | Page 2 | DJI Inspire Forum
Good luck!

Thanks, but I don't have a backup. I had asked DJI months ago where the waypoint information was stored and they never bothered to get back to me. Had they, I would have been able to store that information off line. Now after having the problem, I confronted DJI again and they sent me on a wild goose chase. Telling me to check it on my android. WhaaaaaaaT! I don't like to bash others, but it is taking a lot of restraint to hold off!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
palakkhanna1