Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Low Light camera settings question

Reaction score
What camera settings are most folks using to shoot in low light.I have seen some spectacular shots at night that look amazing.

I am getting a crazy bunch of noise (super grainy) just shooting in the evening. No where near dark.

I have tried auto as well as manual, lowering the ISO and lowering an raising the the shutter speed. (Lowering ISO seems to help the most)

Any ideas would be helpful

Rob

What camera settings are most folks using to shoot in low light.I have seen some spectacular shots at night that look amazing.

I am getting a crazy bunch of noise (super grainy) just shooting in the evening. No where near dark.

I have tried auto as well as manual, lowering the ISO and lowering an raising the the shutter speed. (Lowering ISO seems to help the most)

Any ideas would be helpful

Rob
Errrrrr... Are you sure? ISO must be raised to increase sensitivity in low light conditions!
The shots you are talking about are al taken with long exposure.

Photo or video?

Yes the nice photos are taken with ISO as low as possible and exposure times of several seconds. For video no choice but to bump up the ISO and accept the noise.

Thanks for your help guys
Kilrah, I was talking about video
I will keep experimenting
Again some of these low light and night shots that are out there look great

Thanks again

So start by using the "slow" frame rates (24/25/30fps) as that will allow you to use exposure times twice as long as the high frame rates.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool