Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

M100 Guidance System queries

Reaction score
Does anyone know if it's possible to orient the downwards facing sensor upwards to achieve avoidance above the drone? This is for an inside application and having avoidance above the unit is important. Thanks

If you mean the VPS (Visual positioning sensor) on the Inspire 1, I would have to say no. For one, it is not an object avoidance sensor. It is a measuring device that tells the altitude of the bird in the absence of GPS. (Basically for indoor applications.) It also is what tells the landing gear motor to stop when shifting from landing mode to travel mode by measuring the distance between it and what is below it.
Try this, hold the bird up in the air, maybe a foot above anything and switch to travel mode. It will continue until it reaches flight mode.

Reactions: tylerfoy
If you mean the VPS (Visual positioning sensor) on the Inspire 1, I would have to say no. For one, it is not an object avoidance sensor. It is a measuring device that tells the altitude of the bird in the absence of GPS. (Basically for indoor applications.) It also is what tells the landing gear motor to stop when shifting from landing mode to travel mode by measuring the distance between it and what is below it.
Try this, hold the bird up in the air, maybe a foot above anything and switch to travel mode. It will continue until it reaches flight mode.
Thank you for the quick reply! That is essentially what I had gathered as well from the manual and how-to documentation. Thanks for confirming

In addition, are you able to tell me the minimum safety distance allowable for the obstacle avoidance system? My current application would require the distance to be reduced to 1m

Thanks again

Hello, I'm planning to get the guidance system but just one thing is holding me to pull the trigger...
Is the guidance system effective at night, for example in the mountains without any source of light???
Thanks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EarthmovingAdelaide