Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

M600 PRO Unboxing Photos

Reaction score
Just picked it up today...

Attachments

• IMG_5373.JPG
    IMG_5373.JPG
    793.2 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_5374.JPG
    IMG_5374.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 173
  • IMG_5375.JPG
    IMG_5375.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 190
  • IMG_5376.JPG
    IMG_5376.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 183
  • IMG_5377.JPG
    IMG_5377.JPG
    829.9 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG_5378.JPG
    IMG_5378.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 179
Great machine...you will absolutely love how well it flies. I think its the best flying machine we have ever flown (including some that are 3X the price). If anyone has any questions about them at all just let us know!

Here is the big question - how many batteries did you get?

Congrats and enjoy!

I have 18 batteries. i have not seen many reports from Matrice 600 Pro owner. I guess theres ony a few of us lucky enough to receive. I am waiting for DJI to release the new SDK so that apps like Litchi etc will support the M600 Pro as the firmware is different to the regular M600.

18 will keep you flying for quite a while - especially if you are putting the X5 or X5R under it. We are waiting to see if there is a hard case that the DJI foam will fit directly into instead of using straps around it. I am sure someone will be doing something very soon. The cases we have for the regular M600 are huge.

Did you also get a Ronin MX to fly under it or do you mostly fly the X5 / X5R?

At the moment just using the X5. Was thinking about a Sony A7 however. Using the foam box is not really practical unless you keep it in the cardboard box. I have not tried to use the foam box with the gimbal attached - wil it fit? The main purpose of purchasing M600 Pro was for the redundancy. Plus the fact that you can interchange cameras and sensors, DJI have built a platform which will allow future proofing.

Agreed - thats why we are hoping they come out with a hard case for everything soon...certainly someone will. If you had to transport it and needed it protected you could put straps around that foam - there are grooves they would stay in. Not a good solution, but if you had to make it work in a pinch while it in a van or something you could.

You will definitely enjoy it...and let us know if you need any help with it or with anything else going forward.

If you didn't get one, the 18 battery case is a good idea too.

The downside to having 18 or more batteries charged for a day of shooting and then getting bad weather is discharging them all. Hopefully you don't leave you batteries charged for very long and either set up the auto store voltage or get something like a Smart Power Charger. They are a bit pricey - but when you have a lot of batteries to get to storage voltage it does it quick and easily.

Hi, have you flown the m600pro much since you bought it and what do you think of it so far. Is it easy to assemble for a novice.

Hi, have you flown the m600pro much since you bought it and what do you think of it so far. Is it easy to assemble for a novice.
If you can put up a garden umbrella, you can assemble the legs on the M600 Pro. And attach 2 springs. Very easy.

Flown a few times, pretty simple, waiting for Litchi to fully support the A3 Pro flight controller. Hopefully that will be soon.

Yeah I have both in my fleet.

The M600 Pro is not identical to the non Pro version. But it's a serious drone with complete redundancy. That's the selling point for me.

Reactions: SanCap
Thanks, sounds pretty straight forward to assemble so. Are you running the ronin mx with it and what camera do you use. Has the m600 pro ironed out all of the issues that the m600 had.

I was able to demo an M600 (not the pro), thanks to Florida Drone Supply. Here is a size comparison of the M600 and Inspire 1.

Thanks SanCap...great location you picked for the demo as well. We love letting people have a chance to see the new products, check them out, fly them, etc. If anyone else is interested in giving the M600 a test fly in FL just let us know (or the Inspire 2, P4 Pro +, Mavic, etc). The M600 is a real work horse and the Pro version a nice improvement and even better value.

Reactions: SanCap
Looking to go down the same road .... what are the differences between the M600 and the Pro version ... and the issues ?

I am planning on running my Cameras from my Inspire 1 to start with ..X3 ..Z3 ... X5.

There are a number of differences between the regular and pro.

The first is obviously the Pro has 3 GPS units and 3 IMU units for redundancy. This does not necessarily change the way it flies in normal circumstances because it is only using one at a time - but it monitors the data from the other 2 and if you were to ever have an inflight failure of an IMU or GPS the Pro would switch from the failed unit to a working unit. To obtain this level of component redundancy on the regular M600 you had to purchase 2 upgrade kits (each with an IMU and GPS). On the Pro they changed the top cover to accommodate the additional components it comes with.

Also on the Pro, it can be put back into its 3 piece case. The case is a material similiar to a styrofoam cooler (very hard) and has grooves that you could put straps around if you had to have a quick case. Not a case for shipping - but possibly useful. There is now a regular case designed for the Pro - about the same size as the regular M600 case.

The Pro only requires a minimal amount of assembly as mentioned above. The regular M600 requires a lot more.

The Pro also comes with the new DJI battery charger (charges 6 at a time).

Finally they changed the material the props were made from gaining 1 extra pound of lift.

I do believe that covers pretty much all of it.

Wish you were not so far away - we would have loved to set you up with a new M600 Pro - but we are at least happy to help answer questions for you if you have any. Its been our favorite machine to fly since the first time we put it in the air.

There are a number of differences between the regular and pro.

The first is obviously the Pro has 3 GPS units and 3 IMU units for redundancy. This does not necessarily change the way it flies in normal .

Thank you for your reply..

Given what is charged here locally, I could fly to Florida pick up a bird and return for about the same cost, even after paying import duties at the border
of 15%.

An M600 - (not Pro) - Including a Ronin-MX is retailing here for $ 11,499 NZD.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexzazz