Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Map playback

Reaction score
Gents,

Whilst flying today my battery level dropped suddenly from 56% to 4% instantly and I had to make a quick emergency landing. I was wondering if anyone knew a way of recording the video playback from the flight record page so I could show my students how a battery can fail on a presentation.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Gents,

Whilst flying today my battery level dropped suddenly from 56% to 4% instantly and I had to make a quick emergency landing. I was wondering if anyone knew a way of recording the video playback from the flight record page so I could show my students how a battery can fail on a presentation.

Any suggestions would be welcome.
Did you start your flight with 100% charged battery?
Had the pack gone into self discharge (how many days do you have it set at?)
Are you running the latest firmware v1.4.0.10 on your batteries and have you done a complete recalibration of batteries after firmware update?

Did you start your flight with 100% charged battery?
It was at about 98%
Had the pack gone into self discharge (how many days do you have it set at?)
Set at 10 days, recharged 6 days ago
Are you running the latest firmware v1.4.0.10 on your batteries and have you done a complete recalibration of batteries after firmware update?
I'm running the latest firmware, it had flown fine since the last update. However, I had landed it between flights and it sat on the ground for about 2 minutes. I killed the engines but left the battery powered up.

I've since recharged the battery and it all looks fine there was no lock out issues. All the cells look balanced, I'm going to run it down to 30% in controlled conditions monitoring the battery Tab whilst it depletes. I'm hoping it was just a freak anomaly.

I would ideally like the playback capability so I can run the flight record on my MAC as a learning aid to how to handle a battery failure emergency. I suppose a way of doing this would be to use Apple TV.

Run it down in safe conditions close to ground till it forces you to land then let the inspire sit and idle till it powers itself off and after the battery cools recharge it fully or this issue will likely reoccur every flight till you do.

If you had a Samsung device you could simply mirror the screen to a Samsung tv, xbox, or other devices but couldn't tell you on an Apple. Could record it on another device and play back via computer or usb stick directly in a tv depending what equipment you have.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
THE FLYING LIZARD