Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Marco Polo Review

Apparently the RC version of this product is a lot better than the Pet Tracker version.

I bought the Pet Tracker version and couldnt get it to work beyond 50 ft. range. The transceiver had the snub nose antenna. Your version has the high gain pigtail antenna and this seems to make a huge difference. Plus, with lighter weight and better battery, this is a superior tracker compared to the pet version.

I already have a Flytrex Live 2G but I may have to reconsider buying this RC version as a backup locator. Flytrex Live works well but is dependent on the bird's battery and I've had problems with reliability in fringe coverage areas, which is increasing because 2G is being phased out in the USA. Marco Polo doesnt care about cell tower coverage.

Obviously, the Marco Polo's biggest drawback is the 2 mile range (under optimal conditions). If you takeoff with a fresh battery, your Vision or Inspire can easily wind up in thick underbrush 6 or 7 miles away after a flyaway event, so therefore the Marco Polo won't help you much. That's where a combo of Flytrex Live or DroneMods and the Marco Polo could be the best way to find a lost bird in any circumstance.

Last edited:
Reactions: turbodronepilot
Apparently the RC version of this product is a lot better than the Pet Tracker version.

I bought the Pet Tracker version and couldnt get it to work beyond 50 ft. range. The transceiver had the snub nose antenna. Your version has the high gain pigtail antenna and this seems to make a huge difference. Plus, with lighter weight and better battery, this is a superior tracker compared to the pet version.

I already have a Flytrex Live 2G but I may have to reconsider buying this RC version as a backup locator. Flytrex Live works well but is dependent on the bird's battery and I've had problems with reliability in fringe coverage areas, which is increasing because 2G is being phased out in the USA. Marco Polo doesnt care about cell tower coverage.

It works really well with what all I have tested it and I have put it through lots of crazy tests just to see.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop