Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Matrice 210 vs inspire 2

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I currently have a mavic pro and in June I’m gonna have a lot of money come my way..
I’m very serious about getting my part107 and making drones my way of life..

I have been wanting a inspire 2 for awhile and recently been studying up in the matrice..

I thought the inspire was top dog for dji but apparently I was VERY WRONG..

Why is the matrice so expensive and what can it do that the others cannot?

I mean is it worth $10,000 plus another $5,000-$10,000 on different set ups?

My goodness what could I charge clients for to justify such and expense?

Thank u

Hi John,

it is very easy to take a position in the fight of the both. Proud to tell you that i was in the team to get the Version 2 of M210.
I use the Inspire 2 for a very good reasons. First it is the fastest Drone with the best quality to record video in H264,H265, ProRes and CDNG. The two last ones is what you need to satisfy clients in the film and tv-branch. The X7 is unbeatable at the moment, but also the x5s is brilliant and has more possibilities of lenses.
Why do i use a M210?
This is what every tough done pilot need. resistable, brilliant to fly in most condition. Cams like the XT2, the RTK-System, and and and. But it has no recorder for the film and tv branch. So H264 and H265 ist the only recording possibility. And you cant rise the landing gear. It is an industrial drone for industrial use and one of the most used in industry. i flew it at 2o m/s windspeed, in highest altitudes, rain, snow, crazy!
Your client decides! And i use also the inspire2 in idustrial flights

Reactions: Turner and John913
Hi John,

it is very easy to take a position in the fight of the both. Proud to tell you that i was in the team to get the Version 2 of M210.
I use the Inspire 2 for a very good reasons. First it is the fastest Drone with the best quality to record video in H264,H265, ProRes and CDNG. The two last ones is what you need to satisfy clients in the film and tv-branch. The X7 is unbeatable at the moment, but also the x5s is brilliant and has more possibilities of lenses.
Why do i use a M210?
This is what every tough done pilot need. resistable, brilliant to fly in most condition. Cams like the XT2, the RTK-System, and and and. But it has no recorder for the film and tv branch. So H264 and H265 ist the only recording possibility. And you cant rise the landing gear. It is an industrial drone for industrial use and one of the most used in industry. i flew it at 2o m/s windspeed, in highest altitudes, rain, snow, crazy!
Your client decides! And i use also the inspire2 in idustrial flights

Flyfox99,
Thank you very much for your insight into both
Drones..
You answered my questions..
I’m only interested in doing the real estate,
Family photos/ weddings, mapping, roof inspections, and that sort of stuff.
Therefore it’s definitely the inspire 2 I need..
The matrice would be nice but I’m gonna leave the industrial stuff alone..

Thank you for your time and input.
John913

Flyfox99,
Thank you very much for your insight into both
Drones..
You answered my questions..
I’m only interested in doing the real estate,
Family photos/ weddings, mapping, roof inspections, and that sort of stuff.
Therefore it’s definitely the inspire 2 I need..
The matrice would be nice but I’m gonna leave the industrial stuff alone..

Thank you for your time and input.
John913

IMHO if all you're doing is Real Estate, roof reports, and mapping, all you'd need is a Mavic 2 Zoom or Pro, or maybe an Inspire 1 V2 or Pro while they're still available in DJI's refurbished section. If the video and photos are going to be seen on a smartphone or a browser there's not much value in having a drone that can do 4K and cinema.

I'd much rather shell out $5000 on a couple of very capable drones and kit than put the whole wad into an Inspire 2 that can do cinematography.

One drone can quickly become none, it's controller is only good for three battery changes in the drone, and you need to be able to walk out the door with enough drones to get the job done.

Reactions: John913
IMHO if all you're doing is Real Estate, roof reports, and mapping, all you'd need is a Mavic 2 Zoom or Pro, or maybe an Inspire 1 V2 or Pro while they're still available in DJI's refurbished section. If the video and photos are going to be seen on a smartphone or a browser there's not much value in having a drone that can do 4K and cinema.

I'd much rather shell out $5000 on a couple of very capable drones and kit than put the whole wad into an Inspire 2 that can do cinematography.

One drone can quickly become none, it's controller is only good for three battery changes in the drone, and you need to be able to walk out the door with enough drones to get the job done.

Makes a lot of sense About type of work I’m thinking about..
I could have two mavic operating and bringing in revenue as opposed to the one inspire..
Hmmmmm..
Thank u

I agree with G Saunders. For the type of missions you plan on doing the Mavic 2 Pro is well suited.
I have both the Mavic 2 Pro and the Inspire 2 w/ x7 cam and for all my real estate, rook inspection work the Mavic 2 Pro is my first choice.
Don't get me wrong the I2 is an incredible system and does an amazing job with video and stills, but when considering ease of transport, setup time, battery time, etc. The Mavic 2 Pro wins IMHO.

What ever you decide, Good Luck and happy flying.

The MP2 or MP zoom will do what your looking to do with no problem. If you’re looking for the cool factor wile doing it then by all means the inspire is the way to go it is definitely impressive.

100% agree with the others. I have a pair of 210s, and inspire 2, but my Mavic 2 Pro and Zoom get all the flight time for basic real estate, events, power lines, and a majority of roof inspection.

I break out the I2 for ag work mostly, and use the 210s for thermal and other commercial and industrial inspection.

I’d go with a pair of M2P and an M2Z. Cuts down on accessory costs as they use the same batteries and remotes, and there’s the adage that if you have two drones you have one, and if you have one drone, you have zero.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop