Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Matrice 300

I'm not sure why anyone would want a controlled landing like with a crippled hex over a spinning rock ! ?

DJI marketing will tell you that motor or esc failure is so rare that they don't need to waste resources with redundancy. But they get a blank look when you ask if DJI will replace the wreckage should that highly unlikely incident ever occur. ?
Then why did they build in so much redundancy into the Inspire 2 which has duel ESC data paths?
Whoever you spoke to at DJI knows absolutely nothing regarding commercial UAV operations where full redundancy on every system is something avaition authorities look for in granting close proximity permissions.

Public safety will not be running to their masters to ask for this kind of money any time soon. But big inspections and off shore drilling co. where $$ is plentiful will buy it.

You mean what will happen if one rotor stops? Then it's a rock.

Many agencies are already budgeting for Matrice 300 acquisitions, full M300 system specs are coming in under the $25k mark which is right in line with where typical M210 systems (+ XT2 and Z30, batteries, etc) come in The fact that agencies are now able to get into 640 30Hz sensors + zoom + wide + LRF with the H20T under $10k has changed things quite a bit. Yes, the platform is more than the M200 series, but the value of the H20/H20T makes a big impact.

Quads do have the ability to land with three propulsion sources. It's not a pretty landing, but it sure it not a rock falling from the sky. DJI actually included a briefing on their three-propeller emergency landing for the Matrice 300 RTK in the manual. See below.

Matrice 300 RTK - Three Propeller Emergency Landing.png

Reactions: niki
Do you think the new cameras will be backward compatible with the Inspire 2?

The new Zenmuse H20 is only compatible with the Matrice 300 RTK and will not be backwards compatible with any other platforms.

Zenmuse XT2, Zenmuse Z30 and Wingsland Z15 Gimbal Spotlight are all forward compatible with the Matrice 300 RTK.

No compatibility for Inspire 2 with any of these payloads. :(

Many agencies are already budgeting for Matrice 300 acquisitions, full M300 system specs are coming in under the $25k mark which is right in line with where typical M210 systems (+ XT2 and Z30, batteries, etc) come in The fact that agencies are now able to get into 640 30Hz sensors + zoom + wide + LRF with the H20T under $10k has changed things quite a bit. Yes, the platform is more than the M200 series, but the value of the H20/H20T makes a big impact.

Quads do have the ability to land with three propulsion sources. It's not a pretty landing, but it sure it not a rock falling from the sky. DJI actually included a briefing on their three-propeller emergency landing for the Matrice 300 RTK in the manual. See below.

View attachment 28697
Sounds like fun. I'd pay to see that.o_O

Reactions: Advexure and niki
If the propeller is broken there will be no emergency landing. Sounds like the work on this safety feature is half done.
Also when near the ground cut off the motors to minimize the damage from the rapid spin.
So in no way this feature will save the drone, it will save life and property instead.

If the propeller is broken there will be no emergency landing. Sounds like the work on this safety feature is half done.
Also when near the ground cut off the motors to minimize the damage from the rapid spin.
So in no way this feature will save the drone, it will save life and property instead.

Somewhere in China, some DJI honcho thought making the M300 a quad instead of hexa would be a good idea...I may live long enough to understand it but doubt it. :eek:

Maybe some day we'll see a testing video from DJI on the Emergency Landing functionality ?‍♂️

Reactions: Dave Pitman
To say the least it's an awesome platform. ? Love the new PFD (primary flight display). The smart inspection features are exactly what has been needed for quite some time. Smart track with the H20 performs incredibly well. The advanced dual control is going to enable some new opportunities both with public safety (namely some of the DFR programs) as well as utility and line work. Very well done by DJI ?
The screen is pretty small, any word on ability to use the larger crystal sky? I mean we only have 4 of them :)

I hope my M300 never has to go thru that. Mine is en route from overseas and I should have it next week. I just wish the H20T was not an arm and a leg in cost. It does rival any current camera from the videos I have seen on YT. I could wait for a used one, but I am not sure if I have the patience for that. May just binge and buy it. Stoked!!

Never heard of it, but then I'm not big on urban legends.
I'm not dealing with legents.
If you stay in this forum only will probably never hear about other things related to m600 as this one is mainly oriented to inspires. There are posts in the dji forum on that matter as well there was one youtube video but I don't have the time for diging them out. You can do your research on that matter. The main reason for their fail was broken screw in the folding prop.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips