Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Matrice 600 Camera

Either on the table or hand catch, depending on the wind and waves!
same here.
We calculate an extra couple of minutes for landing in case we have to hover and wait for bow waves from passing boats to settle. My observer just raises his arms and I land in his hands. It's not that scary once you know how it feels to grab something that turns from 0 to 3 kg at shut down.

No, the new stuff will only work on the Inspire 2 (which we will have for you to compare). The big decision is do you stay with an old camera system (X5 / X5R) to be able to interchange between the Inspire 1 and M600 or do you go to the Inspire 2 with X4S / X5S and wait for the next M600 style copter that will be compatible with them (no idea if and when this will happen). The presumption would be that now that DJI has gone the way of the Inspire 2 - new copters from here forward will be compatible with the new lenses. If this is not the case I think we are all going to be confused about their plan!!!

The question that some people have been asking themselves is if they really need to be able to lift the heavier cameras anymore and if the new X5S and its 5.2K RAW are good enough for everything they do - or even if they start with the X4S they know an upgrade path exists for them.

I think you will also benefit from flying the M600 and determining if you think you will actually need to own one to support and train people to use and fly it. Its big - and might also be more challenging to fly on and off your boat.

That is really a spot on description of my dilemma. The M 600 is capable of flying a variety of cameras and can lift a pretty substantial load. The real question though is that really necessary with the greatest and latest camera DJI makes and the I2. I am not concerned with the size of the M 600 is I still have the I1 that I can fly off my boat with an X5 when I need something smaller. I have no intention of getting rid of the inspire one. The question is do I go I2 or M 600. The M 600 is such a versatile airframe that I'm having trouble seeing past the unlimited options I would have with it. That does not necessarily mean that I need that though. It is a big bird. I wish I would've been there for your day of testing is it sounds like an amazing day.

Sent from my iPad using InspirePilots

Oh, that's scary ... this railing around ... How do you land? The same way on the table? Brave ...

That is an awesome idea. We land on the back deck of my boat which is a little bigger than yours but essentially the same area to put the bird down. The inspire is ideal for offshore video. I hope you post some of your work!

That is an awesome idea. We land on the back deck of my boat which is a little bigger than yours but essentially the same area to put the bird down. The inspire is ideal for offshore video. I hope you post some of your work!

Here is one from Bimini, a lot of my other stuff, good or bad can be found here,
SanCap Aerial

SanCap Aerial

That is really a spot on description of my dilemma. The M 600 is capable of flying a variety of cameras and can lift a pretty substantial load. The real question though is that really necessary with the greatest and latest camera DJI makes and the I2. I am not concerned with the size of the M 600 is I still have the I1 that I can fly off my boat with an X5 when I need something smaller. I have no intention of getting rid of the inspire one. The question is do I go I2 or M 600. The M 600 is such a versatile airframe that I'm having trouble seeing past the unlimited options I would have with it. That does not necessarily mean that I need that though. It is a big bird. I wish I would've been there for your day of testing is it sounds like an amazing day.

Our day at Pembroke Pines got postponed until next weekend (probably). We would definitely love to have you fly the M600 and Inspire 2 there. Lots of possibilities and options with both copters. That being said, with the Inspire 2 and the X5S and all the new features of the Inspire 2 it makes me wonder if keeping an Inspire 1 would be necessary. Since they are the same size (basically) so you could still fly from your boat the way you do with the Inspire 1.

Our day at Pembroke Pines got postponed until next weekend (probably). We would definitely love to have you fly the M600 and Inspire 2 there. Lots of possibilities and options with both copters. That being said, with the Inspire 2 and the X5S and all the new features of the Inspire 2 it makes me wonder if keeping an Inspire 1 would be necessary. Since they are the same size (basically) so you could still fly from your boat the way you do with the Inspire 1.

Unfortunately I will be in Minneapolis all this coming week but would still like to connect at one point for a trial. I think I've made my mind up on what I want but flying the bird will definitely seal the deal. Best of luck with your event.

You picked a cold place to spend the next week - I'm guessing if you are going there this time of year it must be business!

My wife and I are both originally from MN - we try to keep our visits there to the summer months if possible.

Let us know when you get back, we will definitely meet up and let you give each one a good demo. Nothing better than some hands on time with them side by side to make sure you get the right one. If you are curious about anything else let me know as well. I can bring pretty much anything you would want to see or try.

You picked a cold place to spend the next week - I'm guessing if you are going there this time of year it must be business!

My wife and I are both originally from MN - we try to keep our visits there to the summer months if possible.

Let us know when you get back, we will definitely meet up and let you give each one a good demo. Nothing better than some hands on time with them side by side to make sure you get the right one. If you are curious about anything else let me know as well. I can bring pretty much anything you would want to see or try.

Indeed it is a business trip or I would never be someplace that cold! Where are you guys located? I travel quite a bit with in the state and I'm curious if I can fit it in in my normal travels. Thanks for the response and have a great evening

That would be great - we are in Fort Myers and generally have gear out and about from Marco Island to Captiva along the gulf and east about 30-50 miles. Personally we get up to Orlando quite a bit and periodically over to your area as we have some family in Melbourne. We can come your way or you can come our way - either works for us.

Hi if you are in the UK I have a friend who is selling a hardly used Matrices 600 with the X5 mount... All for a very good price if you are interested.

Sent from my iPhone using InspirePilots

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RuslanmuG