Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Max battery life.

Reaction score
Has anyone done an endurance test with their batteries ? The suggested 18 minutes for the standard battery, in my limited experience is a little optimistic, the best I have achieved so far is 15....

I am taking them down to the recommended 30% mainly on the assumption that the indication on the App was the actual percentage and following the recommendations I had found on line.
Subsequent to your post on another thread it seems safe ( from a battery health point of view ) to land by 0% ?

I am taking them down to the recommended 30% mainly on the assumption that the indication on the App was the actual percentage and following the recommendations I had found on line.
Subsequent to your post on another thread it seems safe ( from a battery health point of view ) to land by 0% ?
NO! - This level should only be used to calibrate the batteries. Flying anything below 20% you are getting into the rapid discharge part of the curve for lipos and the pack can drop voltage quite abruptly. The lowest I 'Fly' down to is 18%.

Reactions: imagesmad
From a battery health point of view yes, BUT from an aircraft health point of view NO. 0% won't damage the battery as it will shut off to protect itself, which means that if you're still in the air you've now got a heavy and expensive brick falling down.

NO! - This level should only be used to calibrate the batteries. Flying anything below 20% you are getting into the rapid discharge part of the curve for lipos and the pack can drop voltage quite abruptly. The lowest I 'Fly' down to is 18%.
`Thanks for that, I shall heed your warning - and continue to land soon after the 30% warning. :)

I Always make sure I have eye contact when I reach 30%.But I have done over 21 minutes and was at 18%.Normally I land at 25%.Also it depends on the speed and wind how long you can fly

Reactions: imagesmad
Oh god, I always fly my batteries down to 8%.
30% come in, fly around to 15% then hover and land at 8%.
Is this NOT a good idea?
I remember replying in another post, god help me to find it, that this is exactly the proper process.
I have never had any dramatic battery % drops, flight times are consistently 17-18 minutes and full charge times are around 80 minutes (all tb47 batteries).

You cats are Wild and Cra-azy guys :)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430351010.650740.jpg
I'm within eyeshot of home at 35% and landing before 30%.

Am I needlessly leaving happy minutes of airtime on the table?

Oh god, I always fly my batteries down to 8%.
30% come in, fly around to 15% then hover and land at 8%.
Is this NOT a good idea?
It's pretty OK, if you are hovering in front of you and you get a sudden drop you can just land. A bit of a waste of time IMO, but each to his own :)

You cats are Wild and Cra-azy guys :)
View attachment 1431
I'm within eyeshot of home at 35% and landing before 30%.

Am I needlessly leaving happy minutes of airtime on the table?
I believe you are sir!
I have my low battery alarm set at 28%, this gives me around 2 minutes until I get down to 19-20% where I land.
If you are landing before 30% I would guesstamate you are short changing yourself out of around 3 or 4 minutes of 'safe' airtime.

Good thread.
I am thinking that flying my batteries down to 8% might be "stressing" them so I am going to follow the norm of the experienced pilots and fly no lower than 18%.

I'm a tad concerned with the readings from my batteries (please see attached)
Battery 1 I received with the bird and the other 2 I bought together at a later date.
Should I be worried?
Battery 1.jpg
Battery 2.jpg
Battery 3.jpg
Thanks.

Don't forget that many times the batteries can drop from 25% to 7% to 3% within 10 seconds, especially if you haven't deep cycled the battery after 10 flights. It just happened to me. I was expecting it though and was hovering low. But that has happened to people over water who were still far out at 25%. I think it's safer to just try to get your shots before 30% and keep it safe. Get more batteries if you need more time. A crash isn't wort it. 2 months minimum is a looooong time to wait for DJI to fix your bird just because you wanted an extra minute or two.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaricruzRa