Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Maximum weight lens x5s can handle?

Reaction score
From those with experience in doing this, how much undue stress is caused to the x5s gimbal using larger lenses?
Will the lenses like the lumix 35-100 mm ( or larger ) wear out the motor faster even though it's properly balanced?
What is the maximum weight for the x5s gimbal ?
To me , Clarity of picture is more important then the functional use of the lens. If it's not a clear Focused shot what's the use, right?

Thanks in advance for your replies and suggestions.

I do not believe DJI publishes any spec on a maximum lens weight for the X5S gimbal due to the fact that they have only released official lens compatibility for the X5S with eight lenses. You can see these lenses here: Compatible Lenses for the DJI Zenmuse X5S

With a non-compatible lens that is properly balanced in the roll and and pitch axes, the extra weight and resistance on the yaw/pan motor could in theory be more than the motor is designed for and the possibility of damage over time exists. You're definitely better off sticking to the compatible lenses and if you have inspection or other use applications that require something like a 35-100 you may want to look into the Matrice 200 Series with a Zenmuse Z30 Zoom Camera. Otherwise with an I2 you can run the Olympus 45mm and fly as close as you can safely.

Hope this information helps!

I do not believe DJI publishes any spec on a maximum lens weight for the X5S gimbal due to the fact that they have only released official lens compatibility for the X5S with eight lenses. You can see these lenses here: Compatible Lenses for the DJI Zenmuse X5S

With a non-compatible lens that is properly balanced in the roll and and pitch axes, the extra weight and resistance on the yaw/pan motor could in theory be more than the motor is designed for and the possibility of damage over time exists. You're definitely better off sticking to the compatible lenses and if you have inspection or other use applications that require something like a 35-100 you may want to look into the Matrice 200 Series with a Zenmuse Z30 Zoom Camera. Otherwise with an I2 you can run the Olympus 45mm and fly as close as you can safely.

Hope this information helps!
Thanks

Reactions: Advexure

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenuk