Milton Keynes Snow Day

A - No
B - Probably, but as new joiner specifically you may possibly have not been aware of the UK laws regarding UAV's.

I'm going to acknowledge all the other posts and take them on board, but I'm not going to comment on them.

Camera settings though I'll talk about all day the shots from camera were all grey and under exposed. I shot jpeg for these, no colour setting, auto ISO and 0 exposure. I try to shoot the flatest (exposure) image I can knowing that I'll get the "look" I have in my head in post when I take the image into lightroom.

In lightroom I bumped the exposure up a stop and gave it a bit of clarity slider exposing the whole image correctly, but blowing out the actual snow in the image.
I'll then adjust the high light slider until I'm happy with the "whiteness" of the snow.

Hope that makes sense if not PM me and I'll take some screen shots etc of my sliders in lightroom.

You can also just over-expose 1/3 to a full stop. It's counter-intuitive, but digital sensors read the whiteness of snow to be grey -- overexposing in-camera will preserve more highlights. There's some good documentation of this here:

Digital Camera How-To: Shooting Snowy Scenes - CreativePro.com

Reactions: AndrewH

Thanks, that was very helpful.
I will tone it down a little while shooting and bring it back in post, thanks again
Gene

Reactions: AndrewH
You know what... Just mind your business and live and let live. Enough!

Reactions: Andreas
You know what... Just mind your business and live and let live. Enough!
Dexter, there is no argument here! So 'live and let live' is way out of what this thread is about. It's not about you telling me to mind my own business it was about the extremely high risk of drawing UK policing authorities attention in the light of an almost identical flight in Scotland where there were charges brought.

If I can help a fellow pilot avoid such situations then I will.

You can only mind your own business, not tell somebody else to mind theirs.

This thread had a satisfactory outcome, much to @AndrewH relief. It's ended!

EDIT: @AndrewH, me and my fellow @IrishHeights have all had a virtual group hug...we are good!

Last edited:
Reactions: The Editor
You guys really need to chill out all this hooha over a few pictures, very petty

Sent from my iPhone 6+