Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Minor gimbal issue

Reaction score
Turn on controller. Turn on copter. Go through the compass dance. Get the "green light". Fire up the bird and take off. When pitch left or right, the camera tilts slightly to the left or right.

If I land, turn off the copter, restart it, take off, and try the same move, pitching left and right, the camera stays level, as you would expect.

Is there something I am doing to create this or is it an issue with the gimbal or copter? o_O

Thanks in advance!

Sounds like a bad initialization of the gimbal. How many times has this happened? was there a rapid temperature change, craft coming out of a warm house or car ?

Just took it out front and fired 'er up. Naturally, it wouldn't do it. :confused: Just like when you take your car to the mechanic, it doesn't make the noise it did before you got there.

Be patient with me, and I'll upload the video as soon as I can catch it.

Thanks!

I will say....every single thing is perfect on my inspire 1 except I am having this very same issue. When I take off, and turn left or right, the horizon is ever so off. But then, at random times, its back to perfect. I really don't care because I am used to a Vision 2 and that thing was horrible to film with.

However, I'd still like to know why this one isn't straight all the time. hmmm...

I will say....every single thing is perfect on my inspire 1 except I am having this very same issue. When I take off, and turn left or right, the horizon is ever so off. But then, at random times, its back to perfect. I really don't care because I am used to a Vision 2 and that thing was horrible to film with.

However, I'd still like to know why this one isn't straight all the time. hmmm...

Are your "turning" or "pitching" (sliding) to the left and right? It doesn't happen to me when I'm "turning."

Calibrating the compass throws the gimbal into all kinds of positions it can't reach, seems pretty normal it goes a bit crazy after that. I've seen the same and always power cycle after calibrating compass.

Reactions: lrwskyfilms
My experience with gimbal roll has been that if I yaw the craft while in follow mode the gimbal roll does not vary much, but if I keep craft position constant while panning the camera the roll starts drifting off level horizon, with maximum effect at around 90 degrees of pan.

Calibrating the compass throws the gimbal into all kinds of positions it can't reach, seems pretty normal it goes a bit crazy after that. I've seen the same and always power cycle after calibrating compass.

Seems like a good idea.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gonengo Brian