Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Missing battery contact pin

Reaction score
Hi,

I have just noticed that one of the four battery contact pins on the drone is missing (see photo)!

This hasn’t effected function or flight as far as I can see. So, I was wondering is this something which should be repaired?

Kind regards to all.

IMG_6666.jpeg

Hi,

I have just noticed that one of the four battery contact pins on the drone is missing (see photo)!

This hasn’t effected function or flight as far as I can see. So, I was wondering is this something which should be repaired?

Kind regards to all.

View attachment 23292
Umm.....yes, and do not fly until it has been.

They are the data connection pins that give battery telemetry data to the flight controller (and RC on the ground).
You will come up against an error in one cell and your aircraft will immediately land (or worse knowing DJI poor quality battery packs).
Stay grounded until it is repaired for everyone's safety.

Reactions: Sunscreen
Umm.....yes, and do not fly until it has been.

They are the data connection pins that give battery telemetry data to the flight controller (and RC on the ground).
You will come up against an error in one cell and your aircraft will immediately land (or worse knowing DJI poor quality battery packs).
Stay grounded until it is repaired for everyone's safety.

Thought as much, just wanted to put the issue out there for an opinion.

Drone already booked in!

Thanks

Hi,

Kind regards to all.

View attachment 23292

The two left pins and two right pins are parallel (redundant) pairs. You have essentially lost redundancy on your right pair of pins. This explains why you're not seeing any issues, but it's something I would definitely want to fix. I assume these connections are mission critical enough that DJI saw fit to engineer in the redundancy. An educated guess would be that they are the positive and negative connections for the battery's smart functions.

D

Last edited:
The two left pins and two right pins are parallel (redundant). You have essentially lost redundancy on your right pair of pins. This explains why you're not seeing any issues, but it's something I would definitely want to fix. I assume these connections are mission critical enough that DJI saw fit to engineer in the redundancy. An educated guess would be that they are the positive and negative connections for the battery's smart functions.

D
Thank you for the technical insight - Since DJI had the foresight to build in the redundancy, one should be wise enough to get it fixed!

Cheers

Reactions: Donnie Frank

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenuk