Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Missing map display

Reaction score
Website
www.timeflize.co.uk
I run the latest version DJI app on both iPhone 5se and iPad air 2 - the I1 and controller both have the latest firmware / software installed.

On the iPhone, all is well.
On the iPad, the 'map' is totally grey - no matter which option I use (standard / hybrid / satellite), it remains completely grey with no ability to move the 'map' - yet it's all there on the iPhone.

Both devices have identical settings' in the DJI app.

I had thought that updating the rc firmware might restore it, but alas, no.

Completely bamboozled!

Any ideas anybody??

Mick

I run the latest version DJI app on both iPhone 5se and iPad air 2 - the I1 and controller both have the latest firmware / software installed.

On the iPhone, all is well.
On the iPad, the 'map' is totally grey - no matter which option I use (standard / hybrid / satellite), it remains completely grey with no ability to move the 'map' - yet it's all there on the iPhone.

Both devices have identical settings' in the DJI app.

I had thought that updating the rc firmware might restore it, but alas, no.

Completely bamboozled!

Any ideas anybody??

Mick
Moved to correct section

Download 'Here Maps' (which is what the Go App uses) onto your device.
It should solve the problem.
You shouldn't need to do this but many have found it speeds up map renders.

Thinks for the suggestion.
The answer was to delete the Go app and reinstall - solved.
I now have a totally separate issue that is in a different thread to do with the 50m restriction which is driving me nuts!

Sounds like you're not "logged in" to the dji servers. Go to DJI Go and find the bit to log in to your dji account. If it shows as logged-in, then logout of the dji go app &, then login in again with your dji login and password - that should clear the 50m restriction for you.

Reactions: imaspireFR
Sounds like you're not "logged in" to the dji servers. Go to DJI Go and find the bit to log in to your dji account. If it shows as logged-in, then logout of the dji go app &, then login in again with your dji login and password - that should clear the 50m restriction for you.

Please note, this does not work for some users but i'm not sure why.

I have been plagued with the 30/50m restriction on and of for the last month or so. Sometimes I can fly all day, no problem but often the restriction appears on most flights.

I just wish DJI would stop adding useless features such as social media feeds, video editors and auto video editing and make the app work reliably again.

Have you tried deleting the app from your tablet, rebooting the tablet, then re-installing the app? Dji apps seem to have issues with settings getting corrupted (or misreading old values) when they're updated. Deleting the app removes the old settings values and allows the replacement app to create a fresh set, removing some issues.

Also, some of the issues with the login may be being caused by running mismatched versions of app and aircraft firmware. E.g. if you're running a newer version of the app with an older (pre-must-login) version of aircraft firmware.

Like you, I wish they'd stop adding the bloatware to the app and just make a pro version without all the consumer junk added!

Yes NickU, i have deleted & reinstalled the Go app (twice now) but still the 30/50m bug reappears when you least want it, usually when I am flying off shore! The f/w & app versions are call consistent and up to date.

As a variation on a theme, the bug has appeared several times followed by the height restriction (30m) clearing but leaving the distance restriction (50m) still in place for several minutes before it too clears.

Don't delete the app again yet. They messed with it again . They did get rid of the restrictions but added image transmission problems, compass problems, zoom problems if you have a z3 and gray screen problems into the mix when recording in 4K. So in short they made it worse and pretty much unusable and definitely unsafe. Go android or 3rd party.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pavitrakher1