Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

mode switch

Reaction score
has anyone used any other selection besides the p on the mode switch.
Now that i am getting more comfortable with inspire i would like to experiment wiuth the other 2 selections for flying ,can someone post there experiences with getting away from P

A is ATTI mode and a good one to get comfortable with. It will drift in the wind but is very controllable. F is for IOC - Course Lock. It has its uses but I would spend your time flying in ATTI.

thanks,will the course lock bring the inspire straight back if you pull back on the stick?

thanks,will the course lock bring the inspire straight back if you pull back on the stick?
No - IOC (for some unfathomable reason) has only been partially implemented on the Inspire.

We have course lock but no Home Lock which is what you are referring to .

I am still having issues trying to fly with IOC. I clipped my props while hovering 5cm above ground in IOC. luckily the blades just chipped. no other damage. as a safety I binned the blades and replaced them .

on the phantom 2 i had course lock programmedso it came straight back no matter what postion it was in (degree wise front back whatever) pulling back on the stick it came straight back ,i found that feature handy dater spinning around taking photos and really could not see the phantom front or back

on the phantom 2 i had course lock programmedso it came straight back no matter what postion it was in (degree wise front back whatever) pulling back on the stick it came straight back ,i found that feature handy dater spinning around taking photos and really could not see the phantom front or back
I think you are getting a bit confused.
IOC is the mode and there are two sub modes within IOC
1. Course Lock - This flies the craft on the same course (direction) irrespective of orientation.
2. Home Lock - This is the one you are talking about, where irrespective of aircraft orientation, pulling back on the right stick (assuming mode 2) will bring the aircraft back towards the home point.

IOC is only partially implemented within the Inspire FW at present and will only give you Course Lock functionality.

you're right ,i have only flown withthe gps and i want to move a bit sideways and try something else
and yes the home lock is the one i want to use ,i like that as no matter what way you have swung around its coming straight back ,i am not one to invoke the home lock( straight back then you can change your mind when its close and not land but do something else
thanks again

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters