Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Monitor for Inspire 2 (Crystalsky alternatives)

Reaction score
Hello,

I just bought an inspire 2 and would like to buy a monitor for it,
I would love to buy the CS Ultra Bright but it is to **** expensive and there are no used ones where I live,
What would be the best option for me?
-DJI CS 5.5
-IPad Pro
-Using an external monitor like a freeworld? (FEELWORLD LUT7 7 Inch Ultra Bright 2200nit Touch Screen Camera DSLR Field Monitor with 3D Lut) - To use this monitor I would still have to use my phone in order to use dji go4

Are there any good options?

Thank you for your help

Hello,

I just bought an inspire 2 and would like to buy a monitor for it,
I would love to buy the CS Ultra Bright but it is to **** expensive and there are no used ones where I live,
What would be the best option for me?
-DJI CS 5.5
-IPad Pro
-Using an external monitor like a freeworld? (FEELWORLD LUT7 7 Inch Ultra Bright 2200nit Touch Screen Camera DSLR Field Monitor with 3D Lut) - To use this monitor I would still have to use my phone in order to use dji go4

Are there any good options?

Thank you for your help
Honestly I shouldn’t have gotten a CS. Would be much better off using an iPhone and a monitor like the one you’ve have listed. The CS is just very slow and not all apps can be used with it.

The trick will just be finding a creative way to mount that on the controller.

Reactions: Phil DeVore
I just updated from the Samsung S3 to the new Samsung S7 Tablet very bright works very well cost around 650 with 128gb
I can actually see the screen without a hood

Honestly I shouldn’t have gotten a CS. Would be much better off using an iPhone and a monitor like the one you’ve have listed. The CS is just very slow and not all apps can be used with it.

The trick will just be finding a creative way to mount that on the controller.
I sold mine and I use the iPad. Much better.

I sold mine and I use the iPad. Much better.
I still couldn’t go without a high brightness display (2000 nits +).

What I was suggesting was having both an iPhone AND a high brightness display. Would also serve the purpose of being a dual monitor set up which would be nice.

Since the Crystal Sky doesn’t have any good options for mapping missions I will actually connect my CS on my slave controller mounted on a tripod and use the iPhone with the master controller to run the mission. I can view the live feed from the main camera or FPV camera on the CS and monitor the mission progress on the iPhone. A little convoluted but it works nicely.

When my Samsung Tab A bit the dust I replaced it with a Tab E - big mistake! Heavy, horrible display, and had to shut down to switch between flight apps. Bought a Lenovo Tab M10 FHD Plus and it works great, Nice bright display, lightweight, runs everything I need and only $150.

You may want to check out Brightest Tablet Android on the market | Tripltek. Quite a few reviews on YT you can also watch.
I have the TriplTek and it seems to be working quite well. We were using the 5" for the pilot and 7" for me (gimbal) and were getting constant screen freezes and app crashes with the 7" CS. The CS is getting zero updates and is stuck on a 4-5 versions ago Android OS. The TriplTek boots faster crashes less and is built like a tank. Of course, it weighs like a tank too.

I have the TriplTek and it seems to be working quite well. We were using the 5" for the pilot and 7" for me (gimbal) and were getting constant screen freezes and app crashes with the 7" CS. The CS is getting zero updates and is stuck on a 4-5 versions ago Android OS. The TriplTek boots faster crashes less and is built like a tank. Of course, it weighs like a tank too.
A quick google and I didn't find anyone tearing down the Tripltek, from what you can see, do you think there's any chance that the "ruggedness" could be removed to reduce size & weight?

I like to think myself a handy guy, but I'm not sure I'd go at it like that. I've had some sad stories. I think this thing was developed specifically for rugged use, so to that end, it may be that a good deal of the guts are isolated from the case..accept for the connectors of course.

It DOES fit in an iPad mount. I mount my controller in a Seacraft tray AND I wear the controller hanging straight down on my belly. So if you use the iPad adapter that replaces the crystal sky mount, it won't tilt forward enough. If you use the ipad adapter that mounts onto the crystal sky quickmount it works just fine for any angle.

My biggest issue with the Tripletek was the fact that they REFUSE to build a Crystalsky compatible mount.

Basically if they made a mount that allowed you to use it on ANY Cystalsky compatible device it would have been fine. But, ultimately, the mount solutions are far from perfect or ideal. Nothing "bolts it in" and the one they have doesn't use ANY of the built-in screw holes to mount to the Tripltek, which means it is not a solid mount.

I sold the Tripltek, because, quite frankly, it is too large and cumbersome, is a generic Android device and, quite frankly, it is overpriced. Come in around $400 or so and sell a ton of them. They charge way more than that and can't even offer a Crystalsky compatible mount to make it a no-brainer that it would be a drop in replacement for the Crystalsky. No thank you.

I just can't believe that DJI abandons every single product the way they do the Crystalsky. No product EVER gets enhancements or features added, EVER after it is released. They only fix things to meet the specs they released the product under. And if they ever DO offer an enhancement, it is only because they are also taking something away and want you to do a firmware update or something else, so it is an uneven trade. I mean look at the Inspire 1 firmware updates. They fixed a bunch of stuff and then took a bunch of stuff away, from wind compensation to radio power for flight distance to camera stuff (including bricking cameras on firmware "updates" they state are "necessary").

Depend on the type of work. The cheapest is to go with android, it supports many apps. Latest iPad costs more than CS Ultra. None of the androids or iPads can stay at high brightness for a full day. CS have the advantage of switching batteries which makes it easier and cheaper if you need to cover a whole day of shooting. Of course as others have said it is slow and doesn't support all apps on the market. I'm doing photogrammetry with android phone and film work with CS and feelworld.

Depend on the type of work. The cheapest is to go with android, it supports many apps. Latest iPad costs more than CS Ultra. None of the androids or iPads can stay at high brightness for a full day. CS have the advantage of switching batteries which makes it easier and cheaper if you need to cover a whole day of shooting. Of course as others have said it is slow and doesn't support all apps on the market. I'm doing photogrammetry with android phone and film work with CS and feelworld.
What does your mounting look like? Or do you have the CS and feelworld off the remote?

What does your mounting look like? Or do you have the CS and feelworld off the remote?
The CS is on the remote and feelworld is on a stand for director/producer screening. I'm thinking on getting another feelworld to add it to the pilot's remote for fpv, this will be mounted with Secraft tray and accessories.

For the standard I2 RC (P4P) the Lifthor has a great mount that works with basically any sized tablet. I think they also have one that works with the Cendence CS mount too.

Although the DJI Tablet Cendence mount with a Tablet extension piece also works with CS mounts.

I've applied this mount (DJI mount) on all the I2 RC and Cendence, easily holds Tab S7+ and 11 and 12.9 iPad Pro. Should hold Triplet too.

Last edited:
For the standard I2 RC (P4P) the Lifthor has a great mount that works with basically any sized tablet. I think they also have one that works with the Cendence CS mount too.

Although the DJI Tablet Cendence mount with a Tablet extension piece also works with CS mounts.

I've applied this mount (DJI mount) on all the I2 RC and Cendence, easily holds Tab S7+ and 11 and 12.9 iPad Pro. Should hold Triplet too.

I'm looking for just the TDW ipad holder I don't need the bracket. Anyone ever see one for sale. I assume it's on alibaba some place.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips