Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Motor Obstructed

How did it not end well?

General note for all on healthy drones: its analysis is very very limited and some of what it does figure out is based on broad assumption, e.g wind speed. I would take it with a pinch of salt. You're much better off pulling the flyxxx.dat file and uploading it to one of the online parsers.

It's now at the bottom of a river.

ianwood, thank you for that link. I am uploading the file now. Based on the video, I have an almost exact time it happens so hopefully it will be easy to narrow down. It doesn't sound like any of the error messages are captured in the log. It would be helpful if there was a separate line item for any messages that occur back and forth between the RC and aircraft.

I got this response back from the repair department when I asked them what I am supposed to do if this "motor obstructed" error happens again when I am over water and it actually auto lands or crashes. I indicated I would not have an aircraft to troubleshoot.

"The information provided was the only information available from the repair department. If you have the issue again then yes please notify us so that we can process the RMA for you. While we cannot tell our customers what to do with their products, we can assure you that once water is introduced to our products, the warranty is void. The unit, nor the components are waterproof in any capacity. We cannot recommend that you fly our products in inclement weather/near water or over water. If you need further assistance please let us know."

I need to read the warranty again if they are saying we should not be flying any DJI product near or over water. While I understand water can damage the electronics and it would not be covered under warranty but if the reason the aircraft got wet was due to bad firmware or defective product, then it should be covered.

It's now at the bottom of a river

Just saw this... Exactly my concern about this error.

Did you get any other errors?

While I got a screen shot of the Go error on my screen, I didn't think about doing a screen capture when it said the auto landing error message. I was to concerned about trying to save the aircraft. I may have to figure out the whole screen recording process when using the Go app.

Please pull the DAT file and post it here or PM me. Make sure you pull the right one. A new one is created every time you power up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alecia4669