Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Mountain flying

Reaction score
Hi I don't know if any body can help but I have a trip that is being organised to film going up a mountain and at the summit. I was wondering if anybody knew what is the maximum altitude the inspire can fly at. The mountain range at its summit will be 20,000 feet. And if you can do some mods to it to make fly at this height

Reactions: turbodronepilot
Hi I don't know if any body can help but I have a trip that is being organised to film going up a mountain and at the summit. I was wondering if anybody knew what is the maximum altitude the inspire can fly at. The mountain range at its summit will be 20,000 feet. And if you can do some mods to it to make fly at this height
Hey rob. .
welcome to inspirepilots.com! !
The inspires ceiling is rated at 4500 meters and I don't think there's anything you can do to make it fly higher...
500 meters from your take off point agl is max altitude allowed in the app ...

I flew at 12,000 ft in Colorado and the inspire flew perfect. Not sure how it will hold up at 20k. Shorter battery flight times for sure as the motors will need to work harder.

DJI sells propellers now too that are rated for higher altitudes.

At what elevation are these new props designed for? That is, if I'm at 6000 feet would the high altitude props be better than the stock ones and if so in what way(s).

Brian

It was exceptional! It flew very well indeed. I would say a TB48 lasts 5 minutes (with a minute spare), but that is more than I was expecting. A little less quick on response time but again to be expected. What a great little machine.

Reactions: Jacky Poon
It was exceptional! It flew very well indeed. I would say a TB48 lasts 5 minutes (with a minute spare), but that is more than I was expecting. A little less quick on response time but again to be expected. What a great little machine.
Awesome! Any footage from it that we can see?

I'll try to remember! Just make sure you have a porter carrying your kit. If you are flying at altitude the last thing you want to do is fly when you are tired from the hike.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44