Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Mounted Lights Options/Opinions?

Reaction score
Hello all -

I've got some night filming coming up - waivers/closed sets - all good. Question: What options are out there in order to achieve a spotlight lighting affect - kinda like a Police Helicopter search light- for the Inspire 2.

I was looking for a lightweight, safely attachable/flyable light with powerful illumination, and the ability to turn on and off in the air. The point would be to provide illumination at a safe distance to scene below.

Are there any other options or approaches that you would suggest out there besides the Lume Cubes? Any opinions of their use? How far does the bluetooth seem to work?

Thanks!

Got them
Bluetooth work at least 20m
Pretty powerful
I attached them with a clip on system
I designed myself
I also put an orange gel on them to make them warmer

Reactions: SWINDY
Thank you Camonyx for sharing. I ended up biting the bullet and getting the pair. They're coming in tomorrow. I'm hoping to use them on another shoot that's a "grounded" shoot this week. Thanks for the note about color temperature. What sort of material did you use to create a gobo to narrow the beam? Thanks again.

I've also got the LumeCubes, and have liked them for their versatility on grounded stills/motion shoots, but wish there was a better mounting option for them. Twist tight works but doesn't leave me feeling totally at ease. One quick heads up - self explanatory though it is - make sure your blades are going to clear the mounts and lights BEFORE starting the motors.

...including checking for any changes that occur when you go from travel to fly mode. I'm actually looking at getting some Firehouse lights as a more permanent alternative.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cruzamikayla