Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Mute startup chime

Reaction score
So I'm sure most if not everybody knows the famous "bum-buh-bah" startup sound that the I2 gives off when powering on..... well recently I came across an I2 that is completely mute?! I power the aircraft on and it is completely silent, goes through the startup sequence and then once connected to the controller, starts flashing green and is ready to takeoff, engines fire up no problem and drone has practically no issues..... Did I by chance miss a setting somewhere for this or did I just stumble across an odd bird?

Does it make any other sounds? Methinks someone may have simply cut the wires to the speaker.

D

No other sounds.... And which wire is that?! I had no idea you could do that on an I2! Where exactly is this speaker located? I always thought sound came from the I2 flight controller and that to cut the speaker would mean to cut one of those wire bundles which I'd be very hesitant to do

No other sounds.... And which wire is that?! I had no idea you could do that on an I2! Where exactly is this speaker located? I always thought sound came from the I2 flight controller and that to cut the speaker would mean to cut one of those wire bundles which I'd be very hesitant to do
The sound come from the motors.

More a specifically the ESCs I believe.

My understanding was that the sound happens after a successful self-check on startup the idea being that if the start up chime doesn’t happen or sounds weird (due to some ESCs failing self-check and not chirping) then you know there’s a problem.

More a specifically the ESCs I believe.

My understanding was that the sound happens after a successful self-check on startup the idea being that if the start up chime doesn’t happen or sounds weird (due to some ESCs failing self-check and not chirping) then you know there’s a problem.
Nope, the motors are the speakers. The sound is programed in to the esc's but they can't output sound waves.

While I do agree with you that the ESC produces noise (especially if you have issues with the ESC or motor..... gawd that awful beeping can wake up the neighborhood in the dead of night), the startup noise does not come from there. If you separate the arms and middle frame from the flight controller/battery compartment body (on another, working I2) and start 'er up, you still get the startup chime even without the ESC motors so I honestly believe the speaker is located somewhere between the flight controller or battery compartment.

What issues DOES it have?

Absolutely no other issues.... Able to successfully connect an X7 gimbal with no issues. Connect a CineSSD and while it can't record ProRes or CineDNG because the flight controller is not licensed, it still recognizes the hard drive. Flys fine, GPS works, sensors all work, enters/exits travels mode without issues. I mean I can go on and on with what works..... ONLY issue is that the bird seems to be mute.

While I do agree with you that the ESC produces noise (especially if you have issues with the ESC or motor..... gawd that awful beeping can wake up the neighborhood in the dead of night), the startup noise does not come from there. If you separate the arms and middle frame from the flight controller/battery compartment body (on another, working I2) and start 'er up, you still get the startup chime even without the ESC motors so I honestly believe the speaker is located somewhere between the flight controller or battery compartment.
Interesting.

If you separate the arms and middle frame from the flight controller/battery compartment body (on another, working I2) and start 'er up, you still get the startup chime even without the ESC motors
Then for the I2 it should be a speaker located somewhere, in my opinion this is not something unusual as DJI are always trying to amuse their customers with unnecessary things like this one :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips