Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

My first commercial project using the X5R

Reaction score
Heya... You may enjoy my first real project done with the X5R. Actually 80% X5R and 20% X3 because one of the shoots was in early March before I could get my hands on an R.

The X3 shots include two during the intro of the guitarist walking into the ruins @ 1:08 and 1:26, plus two during the intermezzo sequence @ 5:00 and 5:21. All the X5R shots were made with the Oly 12mm and 25mm lenses.

The rest of the footage was shot with a GH4 and the it was all graded in Davinci Resolve.

The aerials were absolutely essential to giving this location context. I don't know what I'd do without my flying camera these days. This new film is the last part of a trilogy about the old air force station on the top of Mt. Tamalpais near San Francisco. I shot from a Bell Jet Ranger for the first one in 2013, used the X3 for the second one, and finally am happy with the images I'm getting out of the X5R in this one.

We premiered this to a sold-out house at the Throckmorton Theater in Mill Valley last night as part of an event to show people that the restoration of that area has just begun. Been working almost 5 years promoting the restoration, now it's finally happening. Enjoy!

Reactions: DesertWindAero
Impressive....must be an enormous amount of work behind this. very well done!

Heya... You may enjoy my first real project done with the X5R. Actually 80% X5R and 20% X3 because one of the shoots was in early March before I could get my hands on an R.

The X3 shots include two during the intro of the guitarist walking into the ruins @ 1:08 and 1:26, plus two during the intermezzo sequence @ 5:00 and 5:21. All the X5R shots were made with the Oly 12mm and 25mm lenses.

The rest of the footage was shot with a GH4 and the it was all graded in Davinci Resolve.

The aerials were absolutely essential to giving this location context. I don't know what I'd do without my flying camera these days. This new film is the last part of a trilogy about the old air force station on the top of Mt. Tamalpais near San Francisco. I shot from a Bell Jet Ranger for the first one in 2013, used the X3 for the second one, and finally am happy with the images I'm getting out of the X5R in this one.

We premiered this to a sold-out house at the Throckmorton Theater in Mill Valley last night as part of an event to show people that the restoration of that area has just begun. Been working almost 5 years promoting the restoration, now it's finally happening. Enjoy!

Nicely done...

Here is some info about that installation.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
codymorgan