Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

My Latest Aquisition...

kevbac

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
I bought this a a source of spare parts, but I already have a lot of what I would need to get it back in the air.
A little bit of searching and I have ordered the rest of the parts that I will need to get this back in the air.
I happen to have a set of mounts for the newer, more secure, quick release propellers, so I'll be installing those at some point.
In the meantime, I have a couple of full sets of the older style quick release props.
On order:
  • right leg
  • right auxiliary arm
  • complete fastener set
  • ribbon cable for x3 camera
I'm about 90% sure I can repair the x3 Gimbal - it snapped cleanly without appearing to have bent at all.
IMG_160047167356F.jpg - click on the thumbnail to see a bigger picture.

Reactions: Greg59
I bought this a a source of spare parts, but I already have a lot of what I would need to get it back in the air.
A little bit of searching and I have ordered the rest of the parts that I will need to get this back in the air.
I happen to have a set of mounts for the newer, more secure, quick release propellers, so I'll be installing those at some point.
In the meantime, I have a couple of full sets of the older style quick release props.
On order:
  • right leg
  • right auxiliary arm
  • complete fastener set
  • ribbon cable for x3 camera
I'm about 90% sure I can repair the x3 Gimbal - it snapped cleanly without appearing to have bent at all.
View attachment 29617 - click on the thumbnail to see a bigger picture.
An update...
The auxiliary arm, fastener set (I bought 2) and ribbon cable have arrived.
The right arm is in transit.
I also discovered that one of the cables to the gimbal connector was missing. I now have two pairs of those.
I also have a broken X5 gimbal.
DJI have sent me prepaid shipping labels for both broken cameras (X3 and X5). I have nothing to lose by sending them for an estimate. If the price is reasonable, I'll be happy to pay DJI to do factory quality repairs.
I have also ordered a set of V2 motors and ESCs for my working I1. It already has the X5 mount, leg extensions and a black body. This will complete its transition to Inspire 1 Pro configuration.
The one I am rebuilding will be a nice addition to my fleet.

Kevbac, keep us posted on the estimate cost you get for repairing your X3 & X5, as I have the same issue with broken ribbon/ arm. Thanks!

Kevbac, keep us posted on the estimate cost you get for repairing your X3 & X5, as I have the same issue with broken ribbon/ arm. Thanks!
Hey Roadapple!

There's nothing to lose by getting in touch with DJI about the repairs. They have told me that they'll cover return shipping if I decide not to get them to do the repairs. I'm planning on shipping today or tomorrow - I have to find a couple of boxes that are a good size for each of the cameras, and big enough for the shipping labels.

I'll update as I go.

I'm also tracking this for an article that I'm putting together for submission to Model Aviation Canada magazine - the official magazine of the Model Aeronautics Association of Canada (MAAC). I've just been informed that I'm now one of the Zone G (Ottawa Valley, Canada) Multi-Rotor Committee.

One reason to join MAAC is their members are eligible (when certified by MAAC) for exemption from AIM Part IX - that is, they are not subject to the rules outlined in AIM Part IX (registration, certification, ceiling, etc., etc.) and may fly aircraft up to 35kg - as long as they fly in accordance with the MAAC safety protocols.

One of the first things I'm trying to bring up is that I'd like to see creation of flight school for Mutli-rotor pilots. This would be for MAAC members, and would lead to them earning their MAAC wings.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marve84