Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

My spare batteries arrived today

Reaction score
My order now complete on 16 Dec 2016.

The bonus i get for buying direct from DJI i will spend on new "quick release kit" and a GPS module for the R/C

Attachments

• batts   001.jpg
    batts 001.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 41
My order now complete on 16 Dec 2016.

The bonus i get for buying direct from DJI i will spend on new "quick release kit" and a GPS module for the R/C

wooohooo! thats great to hear! I hope here in the states we'll start to get our extra batteries soon!

I've got my extra battery order for the UK arriving tomorrow, so they are definitely making progress...

But there are no heater pads and none offered for sale on DJI web site...

Yes only 4 in the box when it was shipped now all used, none for sale on DJI web site. Maybe the ones from the I1 will fit?

So I guess that means there are none shipped with the new batteries then... ?

They are not a great fit either, needs a little trimming to fit in the charger and don't go into the I2 case at all really once fitted.

Might be easier to make a neoprene 'glove' to fit around both, just have to avoid the upward vision sensors.

I trimmed my existing pads with a pair scissors to fit the depressions on the battery. it then fitted charger and case no problems. But no longer have any over since my new batteries arrived today.

If you are trimming down that far then the old I1 pads might work for you.

I left them covering across the depressions as I thought the air gap might help, but to be honest, who knows...

It is a pity that whoever designed the pads, the charger and the case obviously didn't get much time together in the same room :)

You can use foam sheets from any Michaels craft store (they too are sticky on one side) or a roll of 1/4" foam insulation from Home Depot or any hardware store. Two years ago when we went through this with the inspire 1, the batteries did not come with insulation pads either, so I had to improvise :)

Sent from my iPad using InspirePilots

Reactions: The Editor
You can use foam sheets from any Michaels craft store (they too are sticky on one side) or a roll of 1/4" foam insulation from Home Depot or any hardware store. Two years ago when we went through this with the inspire 1, the batteries did not come with insulation pads either, so I had to improvise :)

Sent from my iPad using InspirePilots
We did go through all that with the I1. :)
To be honest, I just don't bother now. I just make sure my batteries are pre- heated before flight and check that the temp of the pack is rising during the first couple of minutes after take off.
My fingers give out in the cold way quicker than my batteries and if it's THAT could that the pack doesn't creep up in temp under load - I don't really fly and stay in the warm. :)

Reactions: Viper Pilot
We did go through all that with the I1. :)
To be honest, I just don't bother now. I just make sure my batteries are pre- heated before flight and check that the temp of the pack is rising during the first couple of minutes after take off.
My fingers give out in the cold way quicker than my batteries and if it's THAT could that the pack doesn't creep up in temp under load - I don't really fly and stay in the warm. :)

What HE said.....;)

I just got an email today that the batteries for mine shipped as well as another extra battery for my mavic

That is good news.. I'm anxious to get my extra batteries, as I know everyone else is as well. Thank you for the glimmer of hope.. ;)

Just spoke with DJI about expected shipments of additional batteries.. They indicated that the production of the batteries has been slower than they had planned on along with an overwhelming number of orders. Their supply has been low and they have tried to send out as many as they could to at least get some out to a few customers, but were estimating that the remaining battery orders would not be shipped until the first part of February. However they should ship them as soon as the production run was complete.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abseilerstu