Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

NBD (new bird day!)

Reaction score
The I1 arrived early! It was due Monday the 17th but It was on the doorstep this afternoon! I dug in and it all appeared to be there, both controllers, two batteries, x3 camera, plus a little treasure of extras under the top tray. full set of extra props, brand new 128G micro sd card, neutral density filters, straps, tools, a battery-to-remote adapter, quick release prop adapters were installed.
Unpacked and charged up, I hit the button and held my breath.
It promptly booted up, I got the gear down and installed the gimbal. Again deep breathing and hold. The gimbal dance.
It works!
Now for the head-scratching. The bird and the controller are talking but not to my tablet. I took advice from this forum and tried a couple more USB cables and one was just right.
Now the bird, controller and Litchi are all having polite conversation.
I may be up all night...

Reactions: InspireEagle
The I1 arrived early! It was due Monday the 17th but It was on the doorstep this afternoon! I dug in and it all appeared to be there, both controllers, two batteries, x3 camera, plus a little treasure of extras under the top tray. full set of extra props, brand new 128G micro sd card, neutral density filters, straps, tools, a battery-to-remote adapter, quick release prop adapters were installed.
Unpacked and charged up, I hit the button and held my breath.
It promptly booted up, I got the gear down and installed the gimbal. Again deep breathing and hold. The gimbal dance.
It works!
Now for the head-scratching. The bird and the controller are talking but not to my tablet. I took advice from this forum and tried a couple more USB cables and one was just right.
Now the bird, controller and Litchi are all having polite conversation.
I may be up all night...
The I1v2Pro drone will not work with the latest IOS, or iPads. Check out the DJI site to see. The last year or two iPad pro's don't work. No idea about android.

Reactions: Niner six echo
Sound like your well on your way, but certainly reach back out if you need help.

The I1v2Pro drone will not work with the latest IOS, or iPads. Check out the DJI site to see. The last year or two iPad pro's don't work. No idea about android.
Thanks for the heads-up. Robert. I already have it functioning with a Samsung Galaxy tab II Android tablet.

Okay, this bird seems very persnickety. As in: everything has to be just so.
I had to uninstall and reinstall a DJI Go APK from the DJI download center and 'side load' it to the Samsung tablet. Thankfully the tablet gave permission to install from an 'unknown source' and had an option for 'only this instance' or some such. Anyway, after getting everything to see each other, I couldn't load satellite or hybrid maps, only a rudimentary street map. No matter where I looked in DJI Go, I couldn't find an option for compass calibration, only the IMU.
When I shut off DJI Go and opened Litchi everything was there. I did the calibration dance. When it said ready to fly I launched it. Only flew for about 3 minutes because of wind and approaching storms.
Still, pretty impressive. The controls were lively, even abrupt, so that has to be adjusted.
I'm happy, even if I have to wrench on it a little.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenuk