Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Near miss with tower

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm new to this forum and to the Inspire 1 having moved up from a Mavic Pro. I'm trying to tower mapping and was out doing a practice flight with GSPro on my iPad. Since this hasn't been updated yet it is limited to 99 points. Well after 99 points it returned and landed, I swapped out batteries then hit continue which returns to the last waypoint and continues the programmed flight. The Inspire ascended to the right altitude and headed directly to the last waypoint to resume. Only problem was that the tower was between me and the last waypoint. I didn't have time to cancel the program and probably should have just flipped to ATTI mode but I opted to fight it instead. First instinct having been a commercial airplane pilot. I was able to hold in enough control to pull it left away from the tower but it fought hard to stay on course.

My question is, if this were to occur again, how do I get back to the waypoint to continue the programed mission? I tried to initiate it from the air but had a problem with the gimble turning and locking in the wrong direction for some reason. When initiating the programmed flight the gimbal automatically turned to a set compass heading regardless of where the aircraft was pointed. Very odd.

My question is, if this were to occur again, how do I get back to the waypoint to continue the programed mission?
I am flying manually back near the vicinity of the last waypoint, facing aircraft (and camera) towards the tower, then resume mission.
Never run into problems, neither with the 'old' GS Pro or the new 2.0 version. (also with an I1)

Reactions: ACDS

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cruzamikayla