Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Need a UAV to tow a payload

Reaction score
I am not an expert in drones. I need to use a drone for a geo-surveillance purpose. It's a part of my project. I will have to tow an over 3 kg airbird instrument using the drone.
My friend had a drone ad I have flown it a few times. It is Inspire Quadcopter V2.0. I don't know if this quadcopter can carry a 4Kg payload.
If you want to see what I am looking for , see here. The AirBIRD and The Monarch UAV Systems - Gem Systems I need the quadcopter to be in the air for a minimum of 20 mins and should have a good range.
I felt that V2.0 is a good model but I am not sure whether is can hold that payload. What is your opinion on using this drone? I am open to any suggestions.

Thank you.

Just look at the specs... how do you think a machine that's made to fly 15-20min at 3kg AUW could even take off with 4kg additional payload, and fly longer as well to boot??

You'll need a MUCH bigger beast, if looking at DJI at least an S900 if not S1000 to get the flight time. Or M600.

Just look at the specs... how do you think a machine that's made to fly 15-20min at 3kg AUW could even take off with 4kg additional payload, and fly longer as well to boot??

You'll need a MUCH bigger beast, if looking at DJI at least an S900 if not S1000 to get the flight time. Or M600.
Thanks, Kilrah, So, I would like to get comparisons on specs and prices of S900, S1000 and M600. It would be helpful if anyone can share it here.

Thanks, Kilrah, So, I would like to get comparisons on specs and prices of S900, S1000 and M600. It would be helpful if anyone can share it here.
DJI's website????
Spreading Wings S900 - highly portable, powerful aerial system for the demanding filmmaker
Spreading Wings S1000+ - Your DSLR In Flight
Matrice 600 Specs, FAQ, Tutorials and Downloads - DJI

Prices are on the site as well

However, before you can do any of this do you not need a commercial certification to undertake the work and as regards to 'good range I assume you are talking BVLOS working (Beyond visual line of sight) in which case doesn't the TCCA have to give special exemption?

Reactions: Kilrah
In any case, if I was flying around with that under any of my airframe fuselages, it would certainly provoke alarm amongst the local population. It looks like a Russian RPG-7, but painted white!

I am not an expert in drones. I need to use a drone for a geo-surveillance purpose. It's a part of my project. I will have to tow an over 3 kg airbird instrument using the drone.
My friend had a drone ad I have flown it a few times. It is Inspire Quadcopter V2.0. I don't know if this quadcopter can carry a 4Kg payload.
If you want to see what I am looking for , see here. The AirBIRD and The Monarch UAV Systems - Gem Systems I need the quadcopter to be in the air for a minimum of 20 mins and should have a good range.
I felt that V2.0 is a good model but I am not sure whether is can hold that payload. What is your opinion on using this drone? I am open to any suggestions.

Thank you.

They should attach wings to that AirBIRD (just like the Monarch) in order to generate some lift. That way you wouldn't need so much power on the towing craft.

Actually the Monarch seems a much better solution, but not sure if the magnetometer can have an engine close by.

DJI's website????
Spreading Wings S900 - highly portable, powerful aerial system for the demanding filmmaker
Spreading Wings S1000+ - Your DSLR In Flight
Matrice 600 Specs, FAQ, Tutorials and Downloads - DJI

Prices are on the site as well

However, before you can do any of this do you not need a commercial certification to undertake the work and as regards to 'good range I assume you are talking BVLOS working (Beyond visual line of sight) in which case doesn't the TCCA have to give special exemption?

Care to share your credit card information as well? :p

Thank you.
I have built 2 heavy lifters. A tarrot X8 and a Kraken octocopter. Thae Kraken hauls 35 lbsPlus and the Tarrot hex 960 can haul 15 lbs plus.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimberly36