Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Need help recovering "my" Inspire from DJI repair California

Well finally got her back my good man but I had to do it in pieces. You I ordered the bundle package which included four batteries, charging hub, and remote controller. Even with the repair number they did not return the whole package back. I had to get on the phone and fight with them to get all my stuff back. I finally got everything back and learning to fly her. It's been a month since I passed my FAA 107 exam and am still waiting for my permanant certificate and Airman Number. Does it usually take that long? Looking forward to my first assignment soon.

How about you sir, did you finally get your issues resolved?

Christian

Reactions: jakejhonson44
Well finally got her back my good man but I had to do it in pieces. You I ordered the bundle package which included four batteries, charging hub, and remote controller. Even with the repair number they did not return the whole package back. I had to get on the phone and fight with them to get all my stuff back. I finally got everything back and learning to fly her. It's been a month since I passed my FAA 107 exam and am still waiting for my permanant certificate and Airman Number. Does it usually take that long? Looking forward to my first assignment soon.

How about you sir, did you finally get your issues resolved?

Christian

Yay Good for you :)

If I am reading this right you didn't get her back? Man, I think I'd be on my way to Cali and knocking on somebody's door!

I finally got my drone back. It was originally sent in on July 7th. I got it back around sept 3rd ish. They sent me the wrong drone back, my Care plan got erased from the system. then they lost my original drone, then they tried to say that I did not return the wrong drone. Why would I keep it? It was the wrong drone. I had UPS tracking and delivery confirmation. I told them the exact date and time it got there and who signed for it.
I had to spend hours on the phone, hours in the online chat at dji.com. tons of emails and 2 BBB complaints.
All over a broken gimbal arm and the piece that rides on the screw for the landing gear was broken.
They don't even know their own policies and the people on the phone and other end of the emails have no idea what they are doing. They can't even read simple emails. I will never send my drone to DJI again. Now I wish I hadn't wasted my money on the Care plan.

This experience was a complete nightmare. I would NEVER trust DJI with my drone again.

I finally got my drone back. It was originally sent in on July 7th. I got it back around sept 3rd ish. They sent me the wrong drone back, my Care plan got erased from the system. then they lost my original drone, then they tried to say that I did not return the wrong drone. Why would I keep it? It was the wrong drone. I had UPS tracking and delivery confirmation. I told them the exact date and time it got there and who signed for it.
I had to spend hours on the phone, hours in the online chat at dji.com. tons of emails and 2 BBB complaints.
All over a broken gimbal arm and the piece that rides on the screw for the landing gear was broken.
They don't even know their own policies and the people on the phone and other end of the emails have no idea what they are doing. They can't even read simple emails. I will never send my drone to DJI again. Now I wish I hadn't wasted my money on the Care plan.

This experience was a complete nightmare. I would NEVER trust DJI with my drone again.
Recon, was it repaired or simply returned? I assume repaired but uncertain after your ordeal. Did they leave your non-DJI mounts on or remove?

The odd part of your ordeal was the I1v2 replaced with I1v1. Wasn't just a matter of missing X5 mount, the whole AC is different with many updates. I could accept a direct replacement, but not a previous model.

I've had 4 experiences with DJI service this last season, but all cameras. Communication hasn't been ideal, but I received relatively prompt service. I have a RoninMX considering getting examined, but little hesitant now.

Great to hear... and a bit amazed, you got your I1v2 back. I was thinking it was tossed into some trash container and gone... glad to hear ya got it!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44