Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Need x5 camera help

Reaction score
Why cant I focus my x5 camera on my Inspire 1 2.0 machine? The camera paints red lines on my I pad. I fly it and it and the video reply is horrible. I cant find anything in the manuals. What am I doing wrong in the set up screens? is there a problem with the camera? This is a refurbished unit that I just put into service.

Thank you in advance

Kielma

Why cant I focus my x5 camera on my Inspire 1 2.0 machine? The camera paints red lines on my I pad. I fly it and it and the video reply is horrible. I cant find anything in the manuals. What am I doing wrong in the set up screens? is there a problem with the camera? This is a refurbished unit that I just put into service.

Thank you in advance

Kielma
Moved to X5 section!

Check to make sure your camera focus and aperture settings are set to auto on the lens itself. If you are using the 12mm or 17mm make sure the focus clutch is set to auto. Also need to make sure you set the app to AF and tap the screen once you set your aperture.

Please also specify if playback is horrible on your iPad or off the SD card.

Sometimes a video with a cell phone helps people diagnose your issue faster.

sd card, is horrible play back...AF is on I gedt a better image with my other inspire with the standard camera.... what clutch are you referring to?

What lens are you using?

Is it apparent when you try to focus in the app that the camera tries to focus?

Have you calibrated the camera lens inside the app?
X5 lens I believe I set the lens up correctly based on what you have shared. I am having difficulty finding the step by step process for the set up of the lens and app in the manual.

X5 lens I believe I set the lens up correctly based on what you have shared. I am having difficulty finding the step by step process for the set up of the lens and app in the manual.
Have you tried typing in 'Calibrating lens on X5' into the search bar?
There are numerous informative threads returned on the subject together with a video embedded in one giving instructions on how to accomplish the calibration.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters