Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Need your feedback on website design

Reaction score
Hello fellow Inspire Pilots,

Over the past 6 months, I've been working on this project designed for the aerial community (more specifically, the Inspire 1 community) and would really appreciate your feedback on the web site I built.

Phase 1 of the site has finally been completed and I am seeking your feedback on the overall user experience when visiting the site. I would like to get your general thoughts on the site design, ease of use, purchasing process, etc.

Of course, in order to go through the complete sales process (without actually paying), you will need a coupon code. Below you can find the coupon that allows you to access paid content with no charge.

That code is : inspire100

(This code will provide you with a 100% discount on one video segment of your choice. I limited to 25 people so first come first serve.)

You will also notice a contest banner at the entrance of the site that indicates the chance to WIN A DJI PHANTOM 3 (image of that banner below). This banner is meant to create excitement around the site itself, but I would like to know if this is something you believe adds value, or is simply seen as a gimmick. Be honest, I have no problem with constructive criticism.

aes-contest-jpg.3164

Phase 2 is under development and I believe where things get interesting for all of you fellow Inspire users. Phase 2 is all about the Marketplace.

Currently in the works, Marketplace will go live in a 6-8 weeks. It is designed with the intent of rewarding content creators. My idea here is that I would like to completely reverse the current market practices which consist in depriving content creators of a large portion of profits when sales of footage are made. Under current business practices, content creators receive only 30% to 50% of the revenues, while the distribution platforms take the majority. What I'd like to do is reverse this completely and provide content creators with up to 80% of the revenues.

I'd like to get your thoughts on that piece as well. Does this make sense to you? As users of Inspire 1 units, is this something that would trigger a desire to sell your footage? I want to keep very high standards and will be pricing segments in the super premium category, but I wonder if this is something that would get any traction.

Have a look at the site and please do provide me with your feedback. Here is the link: www.aerial-entertainment-studios.com

Feedback, good or bad, is seen as constructive so please let me know what you think.

Cheers everyone,

Patrice

Last edited:
Main page comes up for one second, then just keeps reloading then this message appearsView attachment 3168
Ok interesting. I'm having the same issues on iOS devices but several of my friends are not. Not sure exactly why this is happening, but good to get your feedback. Android works fine, desktop works fine.

If you get a chance to view it from another type of device, please do let me know your thoughts.
Cheers

You're site is very heavy in terms of coding. It takes over 10 seconds to load for me. Probably using a shared hosting server?
Actually I'm on a dedicated server. I haven't heard anything yet regarding slow loading times so I'm happy to receive your feedback on this. Just not sure how to address that specific issue. Any thoughts?

Actually I'm on a dedicated server. I haven't heard anything yet regarding slow loading times so I'm happy to receive your feedback on this. Just not sure how to address that specific issue. Any thoughts?
What are you using to develop your code?

Are you using any CDN's?

You do not appear to be using gzip compression. This is a server setup feature. You have to enable it in the server's control panel. I did a dns check on ya and are you using fatcow hosting service? If so you can easily login to your server cpanel and enable it.

Are you using any CDN's?

You do not appear to be using gzip compression. This is a server setup feature. You have to enable it in the server's control panel. I did a dns check on ya and are you using fatcow hosting service? If so you can easily login to your server cpanel and enable it.
Ok, interesting. I'll send this to my programmer to see if he has activated this feature.

Aside from that speed issue, any other thoughts on the site itself?
Cheers

Are you using any CDN's?

Just checking up to see if you have noticed any improvements in loading speed. My programmer apparently made a few changes and I want to know if this translates into improved loading times on your end.

Cheers

Ok, interesting. I'll send this to my programmer to see if he has activated this feature.

Aside from that speed issue, any other thoughts on the site itself?
Cheers
First of all the page loading times you have aren't horrible, or horrific. You asked for an opinion on how the site was built and I'm giving my personal opinion. Overall I like the site for what its based on and has nice media.The site looks lovely, flows smoothly, and has a nice layout. The CSS effects are nice and look pro. I can tell it's not just another wordpress site. However it performs like one. It is doggish in my picky opinion. I did a quick test here, and here and my suspicions were confirmed. Now as you view these test results don't get in a panic! No site is perfect. Even major sites have loads of errors. You can easily misread this info if you don't understand how the internet and coding works. I know just enough to be dangerous, and I know your site needs major improvement. Enabling gzip compression is an easy fix for loading performance. Your developer didn't do this yet. Formatting images in jpeg instead of png is another trick but doesn't produce cool logos and transparencies. I would also like to add that you don't have any terms and conditions, or privacy policies established. You really need a copyright statement and licensing agreement put in place for every photo you plan on selling or sharing. I also don't see any author or photographer reference. You might be in serious violation if it's not all your work that your displaying. One final note for you is that all this content is not protected from downloading. I can easily download any of these images or videos without even logging into the site. You need watermarks on all media that gets removed after purchase. Otherwise none of your content is protected. You have a lot of loop holes to sew shut, and some coding issues. But you have a great start going on and lots of potential!

First of all the page loading times you have aren't horrible, or horrific. You asked for an opinion on how the site was built and I'm giving my personal opinion. Overall I like the site for what its based on and has nice media.The site looks lovely, flows smoothly, and has a nice layout. The CSS effects are nice and look pro. I can tell it's not just another wordpress site. However it performs like one. It is doggish in my picky opinion. I did a quick test here, and here and my suspicions were confirmed. Now as you view these test results don't get in a panic! No site is perfect. Even major sites have loads of errors. You can easily misread this info if you don't understand how the internet and coding works. I know just enough to be dangerous, and I know your site needs major improvement. Enabling gzip compression is an easy fix for loading performance. Your developer didn't do this yet. Formatting images in jpeg instead of png is another trick but doesn't produce cool logos and transparencies. I would also like to add that you don't have any terms and conditions, or privacy policies established. You really need a copyright statement and licensing agreement put in place for every photo you plan on selling or sharing. I also don't see any author or photographer reference. You might be in serious violation if it's not all your work that your displaying. One final note for you is that all this content is not protected from downloading. I can easily download any of these images or videos without even logging into the site. You need watermarks on all media that gets removed after purchase. Otherwise none of your content is protected. You have a lot of loop holes to sew shut, and some coding issues. But you have a great start going on and lots of potential!
Really interesting feedback. This is very appreciated. Do you mind if I contact you offline regarding some of these issues? Cheers

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop