Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New Android App version 1.1.0

Yes i have just flown with this version... it works as previous version... (it was just a short 10 min. flight...)

OK - Consistently getting 'Gimbal calibration has failed' message on boot up (even though it hasn't). Have done a gimbal calibration and message still appears on first boot of app/Inspire.
Have also noticed that after turning on RC and then app but before booting Inspire warning banner at top says 'Weak Signal' rather than 'No Signal' as you would expect with the Inspire switched off and as functioned correctly previously!

Haven't tried the 'Fischer Price My First Editing Program' as I'm not interested in it.

Happy days......

What astounds me is the phenomenal consistency that DJI display in being able to release progressive incarnations of the same app with bugs that are not buried in the interface somewhere or only manifest themselves on some obscure combination of circumstances but are there and slap you in the face when you start up the app !!!!! :mad:
We only have to go back one version which lasted 24 hours before the current version appeared. That one crashed every time the motors were started - how the hell did they miss that one ? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: lrwskyfilms
I like the new settings layout, everything's accessible from every place now, the labels are just shortcuts to the relevant section.

It seems to happen as the gimbal leaves either its left or right end point.

I'm ok with the last version.Don't see why I get this one.Editing on your tablet is useless.Why should I edit when pc works better.When I'm out for flying I will fly and nothing else.DJI better works on the bugs and groundstation.

What's this revision supposed to do for us? I can't find anything about what has changed on DJI website. It just "looks" different.

If this thing proves unworkable, can I go back to the previous revision? Have it on Nexus 7.

I hope it fixes the scary Drop-out that I have experienced a couple of times after switching from Video to still and back again which, while flying over the sea, made my heart miss a beat.

What's this revision supposed to do for us? I can't find anything about what has changed on DJI website. It just "looks" different.

If this thing proves unworkable, can I go back to the previous revision? Have it on Nexus 7.
It adds 'Director' and a newer quick access layout via tabs which is nice......oh and a bug that reports your gimbal calibration has failed on start up (which it hasn't) :rolleyes:

Happy days......

What astounds me is the phenomenal consistency that DJI display in being able to release progressive incarnations of the same app with bugs that are not buried in the interface somewhere or only manifest themselves on some obscure combination of circumstances but are there and slap you in the face when you start up the app !!!!! :mad:
We only have to go back one version which lasted 24 hours before the current version appeared. That one crashed every time the motors were started - how the hell did they miss that one ? :rolleyes:

As the ex CEO of a Software development company we had a saying that 'when developing absolutely fool-proof software, never underestimate the ingenuity of absolute fools'. Not calling anyone a fool here but when you look at the myriad possible permutations of a route through software it is inevitable that bugs get through.

As the ex CEO of a Software development company we had a saying that 'when developing absolutely fool-proof software, never underestimate the ingenuity of absolute fools'. Not calling anyone a fool here but when you look at the myriad possible permutations of a route through software it is inevitable that bugs get through.
I 100% agree with you that not every combination/permutation of instructions/commands can be tested and there will always be one or two that slip through the net and only manifest when the firmware goes on general release.
However, what I am talking about here is something that occurs as soon as the app is started. It is repeatable, consistent and happens before ANY interaction with the software. You would think that even the most enept development team would be able to spot that one!
Oh no, wait a minute, the EXACT same thing happened on the last release where the app crashed every time the motors were started.
Yes, they issued a fix within 24 hrs but how the hell did something so obvious get passed for release? This was not a deep buried combination of instructions that might not have been foreseen causing the crash. It was starting the motors! Same thing this time round, boot it up and the bug is there, repeatedly and consistently.
Rant over.....

Reactions: imagesmad
Works on my tablet, a Galaxy Tab 4 7". 1.0.7 worked, 1.0.9-10 did not.

Very happy to be able to use the latest again.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop