Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New Battery Charger Soon?

Reaction score
Does anyone have any info on any other i2 charger systems? The stock charger isn't cutting it for me. I don't want to spend another 100$ on a charger that only charges 2 at a time if I can spend 200$ on a true multi charger. The chargers I see for i1 look amazing.

Reactions: DamesNY
1k? Thatd be lil ridiculous. But as of right now, if I want to get to as close as possible to non stop run with the 4 sets of batteries I have now. I'd have to get maybe 2 more chargers. And certainly I'd need a minimum of 2 chargers.

Does anyone know the sequence and wjat it'll take to have non stop flight? E.g.: 2 chargers, 4 sets of batteries. Each set runs 20 min. That's 80 min total. So once the first is dead. Start charging. So by the time the second set is dead he forsthas 20 min charge. So by the end of the 4th the first charged will have 40 min of charge. So ill need to wait another 40 min?? So the only thing to do is get 2 more sets? For a total of 6 sets and 2 chargers?

Can anyone confirm?

1k? Thatd be lil ridiculous. But as of right now, if I want to get to as close as possible to non stop run with the 4 sets of batteries I have now. I'd have to get maybe 2 more chargers. And certainly I'd need a minimum of 2 chargers.

Does anyone know the sequence and wjat it'll take to have non stop flight? E.g.: 2 chargers, 4 sets of batteries. Each set runs 20 min. That's 80 min total. So once the first is dead. Start charging. So by the time the second set is dead he forsthas 20 min charge. So by the end of the 4th the first charged will have 40 min of charge. So ill need to wait another 40 min?? So the only thing to do is get 2 more sets? For a total of 6 sets and 2 chargers?

Can anyone confirm?

You are going to need more batteries. You are going to need to add 15-20 minutes for each set of batteries to cool down before recharging.

I hadn't even thought of a cool down time. I've been slapping them in the charger right off the unit. I figured the smart charger will protect them from adverse effects? E.g. Not start charging them untill they're at an acceptable temp.

I'm going to depend on a 110w power source. I've heard bad things about car chargers. any thoughts?

If you are looking for a replacement for the standard charging hub don't get your hopes up. DJI Rep hinted that the cost I2 multi-charger will be well north of $1K. IMO DJI has lost all price perspective for most I2 owners with the I2 line.
That is disappointing news! I was hoping they would be in the $400 - 500 range depending on the watts and charge speed.

Rich

Reactions: inspiredbyinspire
On the horizon (hopefully near) will be the Inspire 2 Battery Charging station made by DJI. They've teased us with this since the I2 launch.

Details that have been released thus far...

"An 800W Battery Charging Station charges up to eight Inspire 2 batteries. With additional space for storing four Intelligent Flight Batteries and a standard battery charger. The Battery Charging Station is also equipped with two USB charging ports."​

DJI-Inspire-2-Charging-Station.png

This may sound obvious but I purchased a 2nd I2 charger and just plug them both in to charge 8 batteries. I know it's not optimal but it does the job.

If you have 2 charging hubs, you can only charge a maximum of 2 sets at a time. The hub does not charge all 4 individual batteries at once. And it seems they maybe doing that so they're not used and charged so quickly? The only other reason I can think of instead of fatigue, is they want u to buy multiple 100$ chargers. But it should be so blatantly obvious what dji is doing, we (the consumers) should not put up with that bs. We pay a hearty price for a unit that can so easily be totaled. Give us the ability to use our own property at the same skill level as what the unit costs. Imho the charger is the only fault so far. But I'm totally new to the UAV concept. So I'm excited to hear any feedback from you pros.

Sure, I understand your point. It is an expensive and odd way to get multiple batteries charged. Just trying to have a glass "half-full." I agree with you that it would be nice to have a proper bulk charger.

Reactions: Advexure
The one you buy from dji charges faster than the one that comes with it. It's thicker an probably inspire 1 charger they just changed the ends

I've got 3 chargers/hubs and 10 batteries, this allows me to fly pretty much continually. I wish that DJI Charging Station would come out and not be super expensive.

I've got 3 chargers/hubs and 10 batteries, this allows me to fly pretty much continually. I wish that DJI Charging Station would come out and not be super expensive.

O man!!! That's the exact info I need! 3 chargers and 5 sets of batteries? Or 10 sets? I have 4 sets and one charger.

O man!!! That's the exact info I need! 3 chargers and 5 sets of batteries? Or 10 sets? I have 4 sets and one charger.
Just 10 batteries total, so 5 sets. I would like to have 1 more set of batteries to allow for any extra cool down time, but my current setup works pretty well.

Nice. So I'm close. Well, within 600$ at least! Such a huge investment. Im really eager to get my 107 and start recouping these costs!

What kind of extra parts do you carry? I found it may be handy to have a gimbal mount/anti vibration board handy.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abseilerstu