Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New Battery Charger Soon?

And by their pricing structure, I should be able to buy a replacement i2? Just the bird, no $300 batteries, no $200 case, no $300 prop/spare prop, no $175 charger. Point me in the direction where I can get a replacement i2 for $2k? But no. You "have" to buy all that other stuff too. So, now my replacement i2 isn't an item they part out like every other item???

Reactions: happiicamper
O yeah. Don't to forget to exclude the $600 controller. Because I have all that. By people's explanation, I should be able to buy just the i2. And not to "be forced to buy stuff I don't need"?

O yeah. Don't to forget to exclude the $600 controller. Because I have all that. By people's explanation, I should be able to buy just the i2. And not to "be forced to buy stuff I don't need"?

Yes, I would prefer to have the option of buying the I2 without the controller, etc. Unfortunately I don't believe that's an option...

I'm from the US and I do try to buy in bulk at a discount when I can, but I never enjoy being forced to buy something I don't need bundled with something I do, especially if there's no discount.

If they offered them together, especially if it was at a lower price, and also separately as they do now (with a clear indication of the other parts you need to use it), I think we'd all be happy. I just wouldn't want to buy another hub *and* power supply if I only needed to replace one.

What would I do with 3 hubs and 2 power supplies if I couldn't buy another power supply by itself? I'd just be throwing away $99.

Reactions: Advexure
Right, that's why I wish they'd sell everything individually, even if they also sell them as packages.

DJI is offering the I2 (Aircraft Only). Although I'm not sure if they are actually shipping yet. I believe the price is $2,599. Definitely worth the extra $400 for batts, Remote, Charger.
I'd probably just outright buy a backup i2 if I could get the bare bones for $1600. that'd be a great deal actually.

DJI is offering the I2 (Aircraft Only). Although I'm not sure if they are actually shipping yet. I believe the price is $2,599. Definitely worth the extra $400 for batts, Remote, Charger.

Good lord I hope that's not the cost!! No brainer to spend the extra $400 and hawk the controller for at least that. Florida drone supply has confirmed they will offer the bare bones unit, but hasn't confirmed a cost. If it was $1800 (like my calculations reflect a fair cost) I'd buy one today. I already have 2 controllers and 8 batteries. I'm am, however, ready to buy 4 more batts and another charger.

Ice chest? I thought about that. You don't have any issues with condensation? I was worried that cooling down batteries like this
1. Condensation inside the batteries

2. Might it be putting too much wear n tare on the battery cells?
I know batteries and welders are different. But I put an extra cooking fan on my welder to make it weld longer without locking out. It worked. But it eventually fried my welder.

Thank you for your input!!!
Yeah... I thought about condensation too. I put the batteries in a zip lock and suck all the air out to keep it to a minimum. But you're right to be concerned. I don't know about changing temps rapidly on the batts. I guess I'm willing to take the chance. Another set to cool in the air would solve that and mean I wouldn't have to manage the ice chest either.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElwoodLope