Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New Beta released

Prop alignment seems good. Ordered the prop balancers. Gonna do the IMU in the garage now - pretty cold here. Compass calibration was done in the field. In northern Minnesota, BTW, there can be as much as 12 degree declination. Question: Doesn't doing a factory reset roll back the firmware?

adding - forgot to add a detail - the other day I got a warning that I was using high altitude props at low altitude - so maybe there is a problem with them.

Thank you for the tips!
Actually ordered a prop-balancing rod, which isn't quite enough. I looked through this forum, google and other places - and haven't found a prop balancing solution for the I2! Pilots must balance their props, but how?

Actually ordered a prop-balancing rod, which isn't quite enough. I looked through this forum, google and other places - and haven't found a prop balancing solution for the I2! Pilots must balance their props, but how?
The I2 props are reasobable well balanced out of the box and not many people balance them. I have 5mm diameter metal rod which fits into the hole of the prop mount. I2 comes with spare for white and red. I put 3M tape on the square block to make the prop fit snug and than put the rod with the prop into Dubro balancer. It works pretty well, if you want to go the lenght...

The I2 props are reasobable well balanced out of the box and not many people balance them. I have 5mm diameter metal rod which fits into the hole of the prop mount. I2 comes with spare for white and red. I put 3M tape on the square block to make the prop fit snug and than put the rod with the prop into Dubro balancer. It works pretty well, if you want to go the lenght...
Ah thanks - think I'll try that. Did the cold IMU recal, went well. Tried to fly this morning - marginally better hovering but still getting the "Propeller Error:Do not use high-altitude propellers at low altitudes" error. I had two new props so tried them in various combos - no luck. Did chat with DJI - useless. But I might have to send it in. It doesn't look like anyone else is getting this error. Never crashed this bird, nor even had a hard landing. Not a ton of flights on it.

Ah thanks - think I'll try that. Did the cold IMU recal, went well. Tried to fly this morning - marginally better hovering but still getting the "Propeller Error:Do not use high-altitude propellers at low altitudes" error. I had two new props so tried them in various combos - no luck. Did chat with DJI - useless. But I might have to send it in. It doesn't look like anyone else is getting this error. Never crashed this bird, nor even had a hard landing. Not a ton of flights on it.
Sorry to hear that. I have not had that warning yet, good luck with the service.

Reactions: roblevine
SOLVED - Drum roll please....I had two high alt props mixed in with my prop inventory! Never ordered a high-altitude prop in my life!

I had a big laugh when I read you message - I went and purchased new props as mine were getting up there in ag, so I decided to dump them. Threw them out, and took the new props out to fly.... on take off, I got the "high altitude prop warning" - but I was in the middle of no where and all three sets I had turned out to be high altitude. No label on the packages from the supplier. pretty subtle difference between them. I wish they would add some visual marking to the props so you know which one it is. If I needed to have both on hand, I would get pretty confused on which is which....

I had a big laugh when I read you message - I went and purchased new props as mine were getting up there in ag, so I decided to dump them. Threw them out, and took the new props out to fly.... on take off, I got the "high altitude prop warning" - but I was in the middle of no where and all three sets I had turned out to be high altitude. No label on the packages from the supplier. pretty subtle difference between them. I wish they would add some visual marking to the props so you know which one it is. If I needed to have both on hand, I would get pretty confused on which is which....

Actually there's a little icon on the prop - and they're a different number - 1560T.

Attachments

• prop.jpg
    prop.jpg
    260.5 KB · Views: 20
The ones I had didn't have that on them... but they were shaped different bigger and higher attack angle. The came in a clear Bag from the local DJI reseller. I'm wondering if they were a knock brand now... One I exchanged them he chuckled a bit, apologized and the new ones didn't give the prop warning. I had never used or purchased the high-Alt props, but I knew something was funny as they sound very different when they spin up. I'm going to go back and take a look at the props he has and make sure they are branded DJI props.... do you have a picture of the package your High-Alt props came in? mine was literally a sealed clear wrapper with no cardboard hanger but did have a zip lock at the top...

The ones I had didn't have that on them... but they were shaped different bigger and higher attack angle. The came in a clear Bag from the local DJI reseller. I'm wondering if they were a knock brand now... One I exchanged them he chuckled a bit, apologized and the new ones didn't give the prop warning. I had never used or purchased the high-Alt props, but I knew something was funny as they sound very different when they spin up. I'm going to go back and take a look at the props he has and make sure they are branded DJI props.... do you have a picture of the package your High-Alt props came in? mine was literally a sealed clear wrapper with no cardboard hanger but did have a zip lock at the top...
this is the box my newest props came in...it says 1550T on it...

Attachments

• props2.jpg
    props2.jpg
    780.5 KB · Views: 52
Ok, yikes... nothing like the package I got... I'll head over there and ask some questions.... maybe they pulled them of the box before giving them to me....

Ok, yikes... nothing like the package I got... I'll head over there and ask some questions.... maybe they pulled them of the box before giving them to me....
My vendor was very nice about it...sending me some new props. But honestly I don't for the life of me know how high altitude props got into my kit. Just another thing to keep track of.

I started a thread and thought I would update here as well, the firmware was released this morning. Currently installing.
New GO4app for CS, battery firmware, controller firmware, aircraft firmware, and Fly safe database.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lesmess
Привет. Я тестирую новую бета-версию прошивки и до сих пор очень ей доволен. Лично у меня были эти ошибки: 1) предупреждение о разворачивании шасси и немедленный подъем их прилетел в сильный ветер. 2) плохая устойчивость при сильном ветре. 3) часто камера сбрасывала горизонт Сегодня, специально сделанные испытательные полеты при сильном ветре и 4 градусах тепла. Полет нормальный, все вышеупомянутые ошибки исчезли, как рука (pah pah pah). Сегодня я купил планшет на «Эндрю», так как до того, как он был ipad 2018, и по сравнению с моим телефоном (Honor 7) проигрывает во всех отношениях.
Please read our forum rules and only post in English.
Thank you

Reactions: Phil DeVore

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melodee207