Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New Firmware.... V01.0.0240. who's first...?

I did a test flight today with a new firmware. After the update gimbal was making noice like an old hdd. After touching the gimbal noice disappeared. Today it worked fine with original 15mm lens and with Olympus 14-42mm. There were no issues. Only problem I had with front sensors flying low to the ground. Before the update I had no issues flying low over the ground or water. Another thing I didn't like is a new color style settings. There are only D-log and Standard. Also it can't be set anymore to different profiles for ssd recording and sd. I can post video later if people are interested.

I did a test flight today with a new firmware. After the update gimbal was making noice like an old hdd. After touching the gimbal noice disappeared. Today it worked fine with original 15mm lens and with Olympus 14-42mm. There were no issues. Only problem I had with front sensors flying low to the ground. Before the update I had no issues flying low over the ground or water. Another thing I didn't like is a new color style settings. There are only D-log and Standard. Also it can't be set anymore to different profiles for ssd recording and sd. I can post video later if people are interested.

I get this on initiation:IMG_0519.JPG

There are some unexpected release notes:
? ISO value will be locked to 500 when shooting D-Log
? Disabled taking off with only one battery
? Adjusted limited fligh range in and around airport
Can anyone confirm what are practical consequences of these!?

Once you upgrade you will not be able to type in the code to unlock your I2 in restricted zones. Until the next upgrade. Found this out the hard way.

Reactions: DrMrdalj
Once you upgrade you will not be able to type in the code to unlock your I2 in restricted zones. Until the next upgrade. Found this out the hard way.

So even if we have airport waivers from the FAA we're screwed?

When you use a log/raw format in video you are locked into white balance and ISO settings. You can change shutter and aperture settings.
That is exactly what is wrong - Log is not RAW, these are two completely different ways of recording, with different workflow. As Log is by design just compressed gama of Rec709, it strongly needs to have ISO control as well as white balance control, in order to have proper workflow and least grading artifacts... Once shadows are baked in Log recording they can not be lifted without unnecessary artifacts...

I am sorry to hear you had problem, but glad that you posted. Thanks for warning.

So new, firmware today, lots of updated stuff (release notes -> https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/inspire_2/20170302/Inspire+2+Release+Notes_EN.pdf ), updated Assistant 2...

Who's first?

On your marks, get set.....

GO!!!

(ps.... little note on bottom of release notes... you can't revert/downgrade once you've upgraded....)
(pps.. date typo at top of release notes, they seem to be about a year behind o_O:confused::confused::p:D:D)

I've updated and noticed that after powering up the aircraft and at the end of the camera (X5S) check, the camera just sits there loose and I can hear some spinning gears kind of grinding in the gimbal. It keeps this up for about 5-7 seconds and then it sounds like something engages and gives the camera a slight jerk before it stops making that noise... it did not do this before the update. Also, the manual for both Autopilot from Autoflight Logic and Litchi have a warning stating not to use the DJI drones with their software (after this last update) because of some bad 'stuff' ; your drone might fly away or something...

Well, I suppose this is the ultimate irony, I have had no problems with the firmware update, my X4S was working just fine and all was good...

... but even though it had updated the camera just fine, I kept getting warnings about 'mismatched firmware' and after DJI Engineering took a look at my logs they determined the camera was booting too slowly and it needs to be replaced...

No complaints about the customer service, but it is unfortunate that unlike some others I had no issues with the new firmware yet have still ended up having to send in the camera... :)

Well, I suppose this is the ultimate irony, I have had no problems with the firmware update, my X4S was working just fine and all was good...

... but even though it had updated the camera just fine, I kept getting warnings about 'mismatched firmware' and after DJI Engineering took a look at my logs they determined the camera was booting too slowly and it needs to be replaced...

No complaints about the customer service, but it is unfortunate that unlike some others I had no issues with the new firmware yet have still ended up having to send in the camera... :)
Booting up too slow.... [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

What silliness will they come up with next to cover their butts.

Booting up too slow.... [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

What silliness will they come up with next to cover their butts.

... as far as I can tell this is not 'sillyness' it is what is happening, the camera is not responding quickly enough so the app decides there is a firmware issue.

I'd rather have them replace it, at no cost to me, than wait and see what if anything else is affected by the slow response.

Reactions: amorrison
I just got a replacement X4S, did the updates (which went fine) and have noticed the camera tends to yaw to the left a bit on its own. It also seems to sit a bit off center (which I think has been previously reported?). Anyone else notice a bit of yaw? On te plus side, the images are nice and sharp!

I have an X5s setup and after reading all of these horror stories about the update I'm wondering if I should go ahead with it or ignore the warnings about the firmware warning on the app and just wait for the next update to come out. What do you guys think?

I have an X5s setup and after reading all of these horror stories about the update I'm wondering if I should go ahead with it or ignore the warnings about the firmware warning on the app and just wait for the next update to come out. What do you guys think?
The next update should be here the beginning of the week if you believe the 5 day thing from the beta testers.

Reactions: DrMrdalj

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arhaansheikh07