Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New Firmware v1.3.0.00 Aug 4 2015

Reaction score
New firmware for the Inspire has just been released on the DJI website
Inspire 1 Firmware v1.3.0.00

Overview:1. All-in-One Firmware version updated to: v1.3.0

What’s New:

1. Added option to downgrade the aircraft firmware.

2. Added HD Video Conversion option in the video editor.

3. Added High Dynamic Range (HDR) shooting feature.

4. Enabled use of remote controller to shoot photos in burst mode.

5. Fixed issue of video files being damaged when aircraft is powered off during recording.

6. Added DJI SDK API support for Inspire 1.

7. Optimized transportation mode. Now allows entering transportation mode even when the gimbal is
    still attached to the aircraft. Transportation mode is automatically triggered when the gimbal is detached from the aircraft. Additionally, users can now immediately attach the gimbal after powering on the aircraft and exiting transportation mode.

8. Added option to enable or disable the Vision Position System.

9. Added option in Failsafe mode to land the aircraft at the current location and altitude.

10. Added option to enable or disable Low Battery RTH feature.

11. Flightcontrollerparametersarenowretainedafterfirmwareupdates.

12. Support storing customized gimbal parameters.

13. Camera View now displays the DJI logo if a video output error is detected to avoid confusion with a blank

screen.

14. Motors stop spinning automatically if blocked by obstacles or excessive force.

15. Support updating remote controller firmware though the DJI GO app.

16. Optimized battery life algorithm.

17. The battery will conserve extra power if it has not been calibrated for the first time.

18. Optimized battery protection mechanism.
Bug Fixes:

1. Fixed the issue of DJI GO app displays “Flight Controller Data Error” when the capacity of flight controller is full.

2. Improved the stability of the flight controller.

3. Improved the stability of the Vision Position System.

4. Fixed the issue of failing to reset GPS coordinate on the mobile device.
Notice:

1. The battery must be fully charged and then discharged to below 5% power to complete the calibration. Manually toggle the Flight Mode Switch to enter the IOC.

2. Upgrading the remote controller firmware though USB flash drive is no longer supported after this update. Users should only update their remote controller by using the DJI GO app.

3. Motors may beep and LEDs may flash during the update. This is normal as the motors will be updated following this update.

4. The battery’s charge and discharge cycles may be affected by the update as a result of the new calculation method for the battery life.

5. Even after the Vision Position System is disabled, the landing gear will still automatically lower in order to protect the gimbal when flying at low altitudes. If such action is not desired, turn off the Intelligent Landing Gear feature in the DJI GO app.

6. Gimbal will produce beeping sound to indicate the parameters saved successfully.

7. Aircraft firmware can only be downgraded to v1.2.106 or later.

Reactions: turbodronepilot
For those installing the new FW 1.3.0, you are advised that this changes the battery management algorithms which may lead to shorter battery flight times. You may also find that your battery life percentage also drops. There is a need to reset the battery to recalibrate its life.

To do this you need to carry out the following:

1. Charge battery to 100%.

2. Carry out a continuous discharge to 5% WITHOUT INTERRUPTION. This means hovering the aircraft just above the ground or on the ground with the throttle up and cancelling all RTH and low battery warnings.

3. Recharge the battery to 100%.

Before complaining about GS, waypoints and other goodies, I highly reccomend to update your birds and have some flights. I've been smiling a lot in the last couple weeks :)

Reactions: lrwskyfilms
Agree there's some good updates there, not sure about number 14 "Motors stop spinning automatically if blocked by obstacles or excessive force." great if you're on the ground, but if you hit a bird or tree branch you might get lucky and be able to land it. Just my 2p worth.

1. Upgrading the remote controller firmware though USB flash drive is no longer supported after this update. Users should only update their remote controller by using the DJI GO app.
What about the people who only have an Android device? Dji Go is currently only available on ios.. @Ward Paterson
Would they have to connect the RC to the bird? I'm assuming that won't work either as it'll be like connecting a USB flash drive...
$hi7! This means ummm oh noes! I might have to say goodbye to Dji Pilot app ios 1.0.2 or I don't update :) My baby white jet fly's fine just how she is. Just her eye is a little cockeyed on the horizon at times [emoji12]

Hey Folks - long time lurker, finally signed up!
Update went smoothly, no issues.
Have to say that there ain't a lot there to impress, especially after such a long wait.

Bench test is looking ok, but I see that the video feed to the 2nd Op controller is still broken. Not too happy that there hasn't been a fix for this yet. My 2nd controller has just been a paperweight ever since they cut the number of channels.

I don't see the point in adding useless app features like streaming and video editing on tablet, etc while there are much bigger issues and promised functionality missing.

Any DJI beta guys having trouble updating to final? Theo mentioned he couldn't update.

I stayed on the first beta FW so hopefully I'm ok?

After updating the App (i'll post my thoughts on that thread);
Initial thoughts on FW update, updating the A/C takes a lot longer (sorry didn't time it) and it seems each motor LED flashes red, like it's checking? The gimbal goes a bit mad as well, then goes limp, then sorts itself out though with a ND filter on it you might need to coax it.

Other batteries update quicker as before and the RC's also update quickly enough using a USB stick and all txt files confirm success.

Best of luck.

The ESC's were updated this time, presumably with the "stop motors on obstruction" feature, so that's the round robin beeping / flashing.

The camera / gimbal firmware was also updated so that's the crazy gimbal bit

Reactions: lrwskyfilms
Thx, I'm glad all 4 ESC's flashed red then. :) Still fancy my chances of landing it after hitting a tree though.:cool:

When is DJI Go App going be available for Android ?
I tyhink i have to wait until it is there before i upgrade the firmware on my 2 birds.
Marnix

Before complaining about GS, waypoints and other goodies, I highly reccomend to update your birds and have some flights. I've been smiling a lot in the last couple weeks :)
I just downloaded GS for DJI from the App Store. Still setting up for new Go App & getting my head around all the new stuff. Can anybody comment on GS App?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry