Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New hand catch hardware option for Inspire 2

Reaction score
I purchased one of these I2 tripod mounts off eBay:

DJI Inspire 2 Tripod Mounting Plate | eBay

My intention was to add a lightweight handle to it to provide a safer way to hand catch my Inspire 2. When I spoke to the seller he kindly offered to design and supply a handle to add as part of the package.

Please note that the eBay link above is for just the tripod mount. You will have to speak to the seller about the handle option.

It arrived today and I have to say I am very impressed with the quality.

IMG_0369.JPG

Fitting is straight forward (just 4 screws) and whilst the main mount weighs just 52g (the handle weighs 82g and can be detached in 2 seconds) I might just install the mount each time the job requires hand catching.

My initial trials prove that a one man hand catch is possible. However, unlike the Phantom, Inspire 1 and Mavic, the Inspire 2 is VERY reluctant to stop the motors using the throttle full-down stick command. The Inspire 2 puts up a bit of a fight before stopping the motors. For that reason, I would recommend the CSC stop to ensure that power can be removed quickly once the I2 has been caught.

IMG_0371.JPG

IMG_0372.JPG

IMG_0374.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0374.JPG
    IMG_0374.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 70
  • IMG_0370.JPG
    IMG_0370.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 70
Last edited:
Wow that looks great and very well made.Like the leftover part with "thank you".

Also it's very handy when you're at a boat.This was the only time when I wanted something like this.So a good reason for buying one when you're in these kind of situations

My intention was to add a lightweight handle to it to provide a safer way to hand catch my Inspire 2. When I spoke to the seller he kindly offered to design and supply a handle to add as part of the package.

Please note that the eBay link above is for just the tripod mount. You will have to speak to the seller about the handle option.

View attachment 19945

Fitting is straight forward (just 4 screws) and whilst the main mount weighs just 52g (the handle weighs 82g and can be detached in 2 seconds) I might just install the mount each time the job requires hand catching.

My initial trials prove that a one man hand catch is possible. However, unlike the Phantom, Inspire 1 and Mavic, the Inspire 2 is VERY reluctant to stop the motors using the throttle full-down stick command. The Inspire 2 puts up a bit of a fight before stopping the motors. For that reason, I would recommend the CSC stop to ensure that power can be removed quickly once the I2 has been caught.

View attachment 19947

View attachment 19948

View attachment 19949

Thanks for the review. I hope your getting on with it ok! I’ll give you a call once I’ve been able to test some shutdown procedures during a 1 man catch.

Reactions: MrTVR

View attachment 19945

View attachment 19947

View attachment 19948

View attachment 19949

Nice info. I just one hand catch the plate where this thing is mounted. However, I just emailed the ebay seller of this thing to see if he will help design a camera mount up closer to the COG. I want to hang 360 cameras on a monopod from the center. My concept using a 3D Print is here:
Inspire 2 Camera Plate Option 1 (in testing) by tdurhamjr

The holes are not aligned perfectly on my 3D print design. I was mainly playing around with overall design ideas. If the guy who made this carbon fiber mount can make something similar using the bolts in the center portion, that may be really sweet!!

View attachment 19945

View attachment 19947

View attachment 19948

View attachment 19949
Have you any idea on how I can contact this person so I can purchase it. I tried using the link you provided but I haven’t heard anything from them.

View attachment 19945

View attachment 19947

View attachment 19948

View attachment 19949
Do you have any suggestions for contacting this company/person about purchasing this from them? I tried using the link you provided but I haven’t heard anything from them. I am very interested in getting it. Thanks

Reactions: EarlDGrayJr
Do you have any suggestions for contacting this company/person about purchasing this from them? I tried using the link you provided but I haven’t heard anything from them. I am very interested in getting it. Thanks

He responded pretty quickly via eBay but he did say he was quite busy at the moment.

He has also replied to this topic (Jmaxwell) so you could try messaging him via this forum.

Just curious but how would it cause a crash if it's already on the ground?

Use of the standard CSC (both sticks pushed inwards & backwards) means that, for a fraction of a second, the props spin to try to rotate the I2 and move it diagonally backwards at full power.

The I2 can respond so quickly to this stick input that there is a chance it will tip over before the motors stop.

I guess that’s why the I2 now uses a modified CSC (left stick inward & back whilst simultaneously pressing the home button) to stop the motors in an emergency. This prevents the reverse diagonal movement, which was the main problem with the original CSC.

CSC should only be used as a motor stop method in an emergency during flight or possibly for a faster motor stop during a hand catch.

Reactions: Phil DeVore
Use of the standard CSC (both sticks pushed inwards & backwards) means that, for a fraction of a second, the props spin to try to rotate the I2 and move it diagonally backwards at full power.

The I2 can respond so quickly to this stick input that there is a chance it will tip over before the motors stop.

I guess that’s why the I2 now uses a modified CSC (left stick inward & back whilst simultaneously pressing the home button) to stop the motors in an emergency. This prevents the reverse diagonal movement, which was the main problem with the original CSC.

CSC should only be used as a motor stop method in an emergency during flight or possibly for a faster motor stop during a hand catch.
So they changed it to inward and back stick movement now? I’ll have to give it a try tomorrow when I go out and fly. Thanks for the tip.

So they changed it to inward and back stick movement now? I’ll have to give it a try tomorrow when I go out and fly. Thanks for the tip.

They have also allowed you to disable CSC motor stop. The first time I noticed this setting, emergency motor stop was disabled so I guess that’s the default. Check before you fly.

Whist the new CSC method removes the risk posed by the momentary full diagonal pitch it still leaves the momentary full yaw so I still would only use this in an emergency or hand catch situation.

Always use left stick back for three seconds to stop the motors when safely on the ground.

Reactions: Phil DeVore
They have also allowed you to disable CSC motor stop. The first time I noticed this setting, emergency motor stop was disabled so I guess that’s the default. Check before you fly.

Whist the new CSC method removes the risk posed by the momentary full diagonal pitch it still leaves the momentary full yaw so I still would only use this in an emergency or hand catch situation.

Always use left stick back for three seconds to stop the motors when safely on the ground.
Ok gotcha and thanks again.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela